Warehouse Material Handling - Technician III*
- Gaithersburg, Maryland
- Work experience
- Production, manufacturing
Warehouse Material Handling - Technician III (Distribution) - Gaithersburg*
Position is based in Gaithersburg, MD - Contractor position
BioNTech US is a fully integrated subsidiary with a strong foundation in Europe and a focus on the development of novel neoantigen-targeted T cell therapies, complementing BioNTech’s highly innovative scientific approach and diversified pipeline of transformative cancer medicines. As a key research and clinical development hub, BioNTech US will enable BioNTech’s growing presence in the US.
We are seeking a highly motivated, detail-oriented individual to join our Supply Chain organization in the role of Warehouse Material Handling Technician and support operations at the Gaithersburg site.
In this role you will assist in the commissioning and operation of a GMP warehouse and inventory management system. This opportunity will allow you to perform activities to support the manufacturing operations team, including product shipping, raw material and component receiving ensuring inventory accuracy, and timely supply of materials to manufacturing production suites to meet demand.
Here, you’ll achieve greatness.
- Under guidance of the area Supervisor, draft standard operating procedures to support warehouse operations.
- Execute safe, compliant on-the-floor warehouse operations in the cGMP commercial facility including receiving, put away, picking and component preparation for manufacturing and final product shipping.
- Adhere to all GMP and SOP requirements; recognizing deviations, applying appropriate corrective actions, and contributing to/establishing preventative actions as dictated by the deviation investigation and root cause analysis.
- Lead and/or otherwise participate in shop floor team huddles to ensure performance measures relating to Safety, Quality, Delivery, Expense and People are met.
- Execute cycle count process to ensure accuracy and control of inventory volumes.
- Represent warehouse operations in cross functional teams and collaborate to achieve goals.
- Participate in investigations and assist in resolving operational problems, identifying root cause.
- Identify and deliver continuous improvement activities.
- Help drive daily Materials Management operations and activities to support the GMP Production operations team and other internal customers
- Identify and resolve any irregularities pertaining to materials and transactional activity.
- Handle the day-to-day assignments of warehouse job tasks and monitor completion of required activities
- Receive incoming shipments of non-GMP/GMP materials and equipment following established procedures
- Dispense GMP materials to support production operations
- Prepare and deliver raw materials, samples, finished product, etc. to various departments and facilities as needed ensuring proper procedure and temperature range requirements are followed
- Maintain accurate inventory of GMP warehouse materials through ERP transactions
- Monitor the Kanban system to ensure optimum replenishment of materials
- Communicate inventory discrepancies to warehouse operations leadership
- Cross-train in all areas of the warehouse operations
- Ensure individual employee training is up-to-date
- Adhere to all safety procedures
- Keep warehouse operation clean and inspection ready
What you have to offer.
Requires - need for fit-for-duty testing
- May be required to work on an on-call rotation
- Lift, carry, push and/or pull up to 50 lb. of equipment or supplies
- Squat, bend, kneel, climb, and/or reach for 75% of the day
- Stand, walk, and/or move about for 75% of the day
- Cold chain knowledge and experience in a pharmaceutical or medical setting preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills are essential in collaborative work environment
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment with minimal direction and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities
- The workday schedule will initially be Monday through Friday, flexibility for shift work, including weekends, is required.
- Working knowledge and understanding of GMP and GDP
- May be required to drive a box refrigerated truck between sites (CDL not required)
- High energy level and a positive outlook coupled with the requisite “can do” attitude and a willingness to do what it takes to achieve personal and organizational goals and overcome obstacles.
- Ability to adapt in a constantly evolving environment.
- Self-motivated with a strong sense of ownership in areas of responsibility.
- Willing to accept temporary responsibilities outside of initial job description.
Benefits for you.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life, AD&D, STD and LTD Insurance
- HSA & FSA Spending Accounts
- Free COVID-19 Testing
- Health & Wellness, including free onsite gym access
- Adoption & Surrogacy Assistance
- Vacation and Unlimited Sick Time
- Holidays and Floating Holidays, including discretionary winter shutdown
- 401(K) Plan with Significant Company Match
- Tuition Reimbursement and Professional Development
- Commuting Assistance and free onsite parking
- Discounted Home and Auto Insurance
- Pet Insurance
Have we kindled your pioneering spirit?
For those who require assistance due to disability, or have questions prior to applying, please email email@example.com.
*BioNTech does not differentiate on the basis of gender, race or ethnicity, religion, color, sexual orientation or identity, disability, age and other protected statuses as given by applicable law. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Most important – it’s a match!