Vice President, Site Head*
- Gaithersburg, Maryland
- Work experience
- Production, manufacturing
Vice President, Site Head (Gaithersburg, MD)*
BioNTech US serves as BioNTech’s North American headquarters and is an important part of our global effort to pioneer the development of next-generation immuno-oncology therapies. BioNTech US is a fully integrated subsidiary with a strong foundation in Europe and a focus on the development of novel neoantigen-targeted T cell therapies, complementing BioNTech’s highly innovative scientific approach and diversified pipeline of transformative cancer medicines. As a key research and clinical development hub, BioNTech US will enable BioNTech’s growing presence in the US.
Position is based in Gaithersburg, MD
The Vice President, Gaithersburg Site Head will have responsibility for manufacturing, research, process development, and general and administrative functions at BioNTech’s newly acquired Gaithersburg, MD site. The VP will be responsible for site management including continued development of internal manufacturing capabilities and physical infrastructure in addition to leading the process development, research and operational functions for BioNTech’s present and future cell therapy programs. This role will provide strategic site leadership to achieve the short- and long-term goals of the business while engaging and aligning multiple stakeholders across the company.
Here, you’ll achieve greatness.
- Accountable leader for manufacturing and research facility in Gaithersburg Maryland, including oversite of the facility and teams of employees who manage the manufacturing and research processes.
- Provide direction, oversight and technical support across all functions at the site including research, development, process qualification, drug product manufacture and general and administrative support.
- Collaborate with President of Research and Development to develop and manufacture innovative cell therapy approaches for the treatment of advanced cancers.
- Partner with BioNTech US VP of Technical Operations and the wider manufacturing leadership team to drive the development of the global manufacturing strategy and plan.
- Work closely with human resources to recruit and retain employees and develop a communication philosophy to attract and engage a diverse talented workforce.
- Provide oversight of site budget and support finance team to ensure budget and forecasting are appropriately managed.
- Lead and develop a strong winning culture aligned to the BioNTech’s values of Passion, Teamwork, and Innovation.
- Partner as needed with BioNTech US Management Team (USM).
- Identify and champion new technologies, methodologies and systems to drive continuous improvements in our cell therapy programs including the manufacturing process and analytical testing platform in alignment with the regulatory and clinical development plan.
- Use structured approaches (e.g. Lean / Six Sigma) to identify productivity improvements.
- Help develop key metrics for site performance across all functions including technical operations, deviations and failures and accompanying root cause analysis, ensuring all required mitigations are considered and effectively deployed.
- Brand Ambassador representing BioNTech and our interests across the local and international community.
- Represent the site for all Audit and Compliance relationships with Regulators and other interested parties.
What you have to offer.
- Minimum requirements; Advanced degree preferred e.g. MS or PhD in Immunology, Cell Biology, Biotechnology, Engineering or related field.
- Strong and proven leadership capabilities and proven managerial skills are essential: self-motivation, enthusiasm, and ability to interact within a multi-disciplinary environment with multiple stakeholders
- Track record of successful delivery in complex manufacturing environments.
- Depth of knowledge of regulatory requirements that specifically apply to cell therapy.
- Proven experience of working in an industrial GMP manufacturing/clean room experience.
- A strong leader, communicator, and morale builder
Benefits for you.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life, AD&D, STD and LTD Insurance
- HSA & FSA Spending Accounts
- Health & Wellness, including free onsite gym access
- Adoption & Surrogacy Assistance
- Vacation and Unlimited Sick Time
- Holidays and Floating Holidays, including discretionary winter shutdown
- 401(K) Plan with Significant Company Match
- Tuition Reimbursement and Professional Development
- Commuting Assistance and free onsite parking
- Discounted Home and Auto Insurance
- Pet Insurance
Have we kindled your pioneering spirit?
For those who require assistance due to disability, or have questions prior to applying, please email email@example.com.
*BioNTech does not differentiate on the basis of gender, race or ethnicity, religion, color, sexual orientation or identity, disability, age and other protected statuses as given by applicable law. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Most important – it’s a match!