Supply Chain Manager*
- Cambridge (Boston)
- Work experience
- Office, administration, processing
Supply Chain Manager*
Based in Cambridge, MA, BioNTech US serves as BioNTech’s North American headquarters and is an important part of our global effort to pioneer the development of next-generation immuno-oncology therapies. BioNTech US is a fully integrated subsidiary with a strong foundation in Europe and a focus on the development of novel neoantigen-targeted T cell therapies, complementing BioNTech’s highly innovative scientific approach and diversified pipeline of transformative cancer medicines. As a key research and clinical development hub, BioNTech US will enable BioNTech’s growing presence in the US.
BioNTech US is seeking a highly motivated individual with significant cGMP and Supply Chain experience to join Technical Operations group at our US corporate headquarters in Cambridge, MA. The Supply Chain Manager will be responsible for supporting many different aspects of Supply Chain Operations and is expected to lead activities related to supply operations planning, material movement, shipping & logistics, inventory management, operations process management as well as other facets found within a supply chain operations department. The Supply Chain Manager will be working with various departments to support the development and implementation of robust processes enabling a smooth and effective supply chain. The manager will report to the head of Supply Chain Operations and work in close collaboration with the Manufacturing, Clinical Operations, R&D and Quality Assurance groups.
Here, you’ll achieve greatness.
- Manage packaging qualification/validation oversight at CMO, management of CMO operations for packaging and labelling
- Supervise US Export and Import activities, understand the regulations/requirements and coordinate US and international distribution and logistics between CMOs and with third party providers
- Direct and ensure timely execution of ambient, refrigerated, frozen and cryogenic shipments
- Proactively manage production schedule, inventory tracker, and shipment tracker to ensure materials are ordered, received, tested, and released in a timely fashion to support the master schedule
- Partner with CMC teams and Clinical Operations to identify demand assumptions such as, enrollment rate, number of sites, and number of countries, while ensuring changes to production strategy, trial design, enrollment timelines, manufacturing availability and regulatory requirements are considered
- Monitor inventory levels at depots and clinical sites through the life of a trial; take preventive actions to avoid potential supply issues while minimizing product loss to expiry or destruction
- Provide operational support, oversight, and relationship management from pre-clinical development, to clinical trial execution and product launch
- Lead discussion, problem solving efforts and process improvements to ensure that performance targets are met or exceeded
- Develop and manage production administration processes to support operational execution, including BOM’s, specifications, change controls, and labels as required
- Participate and contribute to department strategy, goals, and budgets
What you have to offer.
- 5 years Supply Chain experience in a fast-paced environment
- Significant experience in the life sciences industry is required
- Experience in working and managing cross-functional teams both internally and externally
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Excel and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and with cross-functional teams, including Supply Chain, CMC, Regulatory, Quality, teams
- Background in outsourced manufacturing/timelines/requirements
- Demonstrated experience in a GMP manufacturing environment
- Proficiency in problem solving
- Attention to detail and highly organized
Benefits for you.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life, AD&D, STD and LTD Insurance
- HSA & FSA Spending Accounts
- Health & Wellness, including free onsite gym access
- Adoption & Surrogacy Assistance
- Vacation and Unlimited Sick Time
- Holidays and Floating Holidays, including discretionary winter shutdown
- 401(K) Plan with Significant Company Match
- Tuition Reimbursement and Professional Development
- Commuting Assistance and free onsite parking
- Discounted Home and Auto Insurance
- Pet Insurance
Have we kindled your pioneering spirit?
For those who require assistance due to disability, or have questions prior to applying, please email email@example.com.
*BioNTech does not differentiate on the basis of gender, race, religion, color, origin, sexual orientation, disability, age and other protected status as required by applicable law. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
BioNTech - As unique as you