- Cambridge (Boston)
- Work experience
- Finance, Controlling
Based in Cambridge, MA, BioNTech US serves as BioNTech’s North American headquarters and is an important part of our global effort to pioneer the development of next-generation immuno-oncology therapies. BioNTech US is a fully integrated subsidiary with a strong foundation in Europe and a focus on the development of novel neoantigen-targeted T cell therapies, complementing BioNTech’s highly innovative scientific approach and diversified pipeline of transformative cancer medicines. As a key research and clinical development hub, BioNTech US will enable BioNTech’s growing presence in the US.
BioNTech US is seeking a motivated Staff Accountant to become a key member of a dynamic and growing US finance team. Reporting to the Accounting Manager, the Staff Accountant will primarily be responsible for providing support throughout the monthly financial statement close process, providing assistance with accounts payable operations and payroll related tasks, as well as ad hoc financial projects.
A successful candidate will be detail-oriented and highly motivated with strong organizational and communication skills, while demonstrating an ability to multi-task while delivering high quality work. They should be able to provide these services in an effective and efficient manner to ensure that the Company’s finances are accurate, that vendors and suppliers are paid within established guidelines, and that payroll is processed on time and accurately.
In addition, they will have a strong desire to help patients and become a member of a Finance team that is highly involved in the success of an innovative biotech company, as well as demonstrate commitment to the Company’s values: United, Passionate, Innovative.
Here, you’ll achieve greatness.
- Perform monthly general ledger procedures, which include processing journal entries and the preparation of supporting schedules, analyses, and documentation
- Responsible for balance sheet reconciliations and analyses related to the Company's cash accounts, as well as fixed assets, prepaids, accounts payable, accrued expenses and other accounts as appropriate
- Assist with internal and external reporting requirements and analyses
- Assist the Accounts Payable staff with day-to-day Accounts Payable and procurement functions, including posting of invoices into the accounting system, vendor management, and assistance with the preparation of vendor payments, including weekly check runs
- Assist with the payroll process, including processing of bi-weekly payroll by working closely with HR, and reconciling payroll to the general ledger
- Participate in integration efforts following the Company's recent merger, including refinement of the monthly close process and reporting, potential systems implementations, and other related efforts
- Ensure responsibilities performed in accordance with relevant accounting rules, SOX and internal control requirements
- Assist with financial and tax audits & reviews
- Other tasks and ad hoc projects as assigned
What you have to offer.
- Bachelors or equivalent degree in accounting
- 1+ years of experience in public accounting or private industry, life sciences/biotech industry preferred but not required
- Knowledge of US GAAP and relevant accounting and financial concepts
- Experience working in a SOX compliant environment preferred
- Must be able to work in a dynamic team environment
- Strong analytical, organizational, and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Must be able to manage work-load and prioritize as necessary to meet deadlines while exhibiting a strong attention to detail
- Experience using accounting Oracle Fusion or similar accounting ERP and payroll systems preferred
- Proven ability to work with professional discretion and confidential information
- Must be able to work cross-functionally while contributing positively to the Company culture
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel and Word
Benefits for you.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life, AD&D, STD and LTD Insurance
- HSA & FSA Spending Accounts
- Health & Wellness, including free onsite gym access
- Adoption & Surrogacy Assistance
- Vacation and Unlimited Sick Time
- Holidays and Floating Holidays, including discretionary winter shutdown
- 401(K) Plan with Significant Company Match
- Tuition Reimbursement and Professional Development
- Commuting Assistance and free onsite parking
- Discounted Home and Auto Insurance
- Pet Insurance
Have we kindled your pioneering spirit?
For those who require assistance due to disability, or have questions prior to applying, please email email@example.com.
*BioNTech does not differentiate on the basis of gender, race, religion, color, origin, sexual orientation, disability, age and other protected status as required by applicable law. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
BioNTech - As unique as you