Site Security Specialist*
- BioNTech Careers
- Work experience
- Service (other)
We are a global immunotherapy company. Our 3,000+ colleagues globally are committed to improving the health of people worldwide with our fundamental research utilizing the full potential of the immune system to fight cancer, infectious diseases and other serious diseases. We leveraged our mRNA technology to develop a COVID-19 vaccine which became the first mRNA drug approved for human use.
What we do with the BioNTainers:
We want to improve healthcare by making our innovations accessible worldwide. Therefore, we developed the first modular mRNA-manufacturing facilities based on a container solution called “BioNTainers”. The aim is to build a regional manufacturing network in Africa, with Africa, for Africa.
Why we need you:
The BioNTainers will be equipped to produce a range of mRNA-based vaccines targeted towards the needs of African Union member states. You will become part of the regional staffing team, driving the establishment of the regional African end-to-end mRNA manufacturing network.
Site Security Specialist*
Your main responsibilities are:
- Close collaboration with Regional Security Manager and Site development pioneer to
implement global security standards
- Evaluation of local situation and definition of required infrastructure (e.g., fence, systems, etc.)
- Onboarding of external security service provider companies supporting site security in the region
- Support the ramp up of the site from a security perspective
- Technical operational management and responsibility for day to day tasks and security
- Implementation, enforcement and monitoring of compliance with security standards and processes
- Operation of security technology (EACS, CCTV, IDS) in Rwanda
- Securing the site by conducting operational audits and alarm interventions
- Gathering/Monitoring of security-related KPIs
- Initiation and coordination of appropriate measures for preventive and reactive hazard
- Performance of special tasks (e.g., in the area of visitor management systems, event
security, personal protection, etc.)
- General support of the Regional Security Manager in security-related tasks
What you have to offer.
- Academic degree in security management, criminology or similar preferred – alternatively an equivalent combination of formal education an practical experience
- 3-5 years of sector-specific experience
- Regulatory and legal requirements experience
- Fluent in English (written and spoken) is essential
- 40 Hours work week
- Willingness to occasionally work outside of business hours
- Drivers license
- High degree of conscientiousness and diligence (documentation, accurate system transaction entries, order and cleanliness at the workstation)
- Pronounced team & communication skills, self-driven
- Problem solving, process and project-focused mindset
- Physical and mental resilience as well as willingness to participate in operational training
- Willingness to participate in advanced training and continuing education/professional development
Benefits & Compensation.
How to apply.
- Only applications sent via our online form shall be considered.
- Only Candidates with the right qualifications and relevant experience shall be shortlisted and
- Incomplete applications shall be rejected.
*BioNTech does not differentiate on the basis of gender, race or ethnicity, religion, color, sexual orientation or identity, disability, age and other protected statuses as given by applicable law. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Most important – it’s a match!