Site Procurement Business Partner*
- BioNTech Careers
- Work experience
- Finance, Controlling
We are a global immunotherapy company. Our 3,000+ colleagues globally are committed to improving the health of people worldwide with our fundamental research utilizing the full potential of the immune system to fight cancer, infectious diseases and other serious diseases. We leveraged our mRNA technology to develop a COVID-19 vaccine which became the first mRNA drug approved for human use.
What we do with the BioNTainers:
We want to improve healthcare by making our innovations accessible worldwide. Therefore, we developed the first modular mRNA-manufacturing facilities based on a container solution called “BioNTainers”. The aim is to build a regional manufacturing network in Africa, with Africa, for Africa.
Why we need you:
The BioNTainers will be equipped to produce a range of mRNA-based vaccines targeted towards the needs of African Union member states. You will become part of the regional staffing team, driving the establishment of the regional African end-to-end mRNA manufacturing network.
Site Procurement Business Partner*
Your main responsibilities are:
- Close cooperation between global Procurement and you to align on overarching
procurement strategy for Rwanda
- Initial supplier visits (e.g., together with Quality department) to validate local suplier
- Onboarding of new local suppliers identified
- Relationship building to local suppliers to enable long standing business cooperations
- Identify further procurement needs (e.g., MRO) for local sites
- Link for global or regional purchasing implementation initiatives, and therefore
functional SPOC for purchasing at the Marburg site
- Manages and controls strategic local suppliers; installs a supplier relationship
management system in coordination with respective category strategy
- Leads and contributes towards executing operational goods purchases at the site
- Prepares and executes service procurement, including requirements definition, contract
negotiations, quotation analysis and review, and contract management
- Proactive risk management in regards to external supply, including implementing rating
factors; control and measurable reduction of procurement risks
- Monitors market and industrial sector trends; analyzes, leverages, and communicates
these with strategic procurement
- Initiates, cultivates, and analyzes supplier relationships
- Continuously improves the supplier management system in consultation with strategic
procurement, demand drivers, and the quality department
- Monitors the performance of, and rates various suppliers based on defined key
- Contract and risk management for site-specific contracts in close consultation with local
and company-wide functions
- Analyzes costs, supports budget planning, supports and/or prioritizes process
improvement and cost optimization projects
- Reports results to relevant stakeholders and develops and continuously enhances
performance rating tools
- Monitors and supports procurement master data and ensures data accuracy
- Contributes towards implementing and standardizing workflows
- Develops, monitors, and implements standard operating procedures for the assigned
- Support internal control processes
What you have to offer.
- Successfully completed academic Business Administration degree or academic Business Engineering degree, or completed commercial vocational procurement training with corresponding professional experience.
- At least 5 years of sector-specific experience
- Fluent written and verbal English ·
- Professional experience in procurement, supplier management, contract management functions
- Relevant practical experience collaborating with external suppliers and basic project management knowledge and experience
- Process management knowledge and experience
- Pronounced communication skills and negotiation aptitude
- Relevant hands-on experience collaborating with external suppliers and basic project management knowledge and experience
Benefits & Compensation.
How to apply.
- Only applications sent via our online form shall be considered.
- Only Candidates with the right qualifications and relevant experience shall be shortlisted and
- Incomplete applications shall be rejected.
*BioNTech does not differentiate on the basis of gender, race or ethnicity, religion, color, sexual orientation or identity, disability, age and other protected statuses as given by applicable law. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Most important – it’s a match!