Site Manager* Facility Management
- BioNTech Careers
- Work experience
- Service (other)
- Technical occupations (other)
We are a global immunotherapy company. Our 3,000+ colleagues globally are committed to improving the health of people worldwide with our fundamental research utilizing the full potential of the immune system to fight cancer, infectious diseases and other serious diseases. We leveraged our mRNA technology to develop a COVID-19 vaccine which became the first mRNA drug approved for human use.
What we do with the BioNTainers:
We want to improve healthcare by making our innovations accessible worldwide. Therefore, we developed the first modular mRNA-manufacturing facilities based on a container solution called “BioNTainers”. The aim is to build a regional manufacturing network in Africa, with Africa, for Africa.
Why we need you:
The BioNTainers will be equipped to produce a range of mRNA-based vaccines targeted towards the needs of African Union member states. You will become part of the regional staffing team, driving the establishment of the regional African end-to-end mRNA manufacturing network.
Site Manager* Facility Management
- Core infrastructure (including, but not limited to, HVAC systems for research and manufacturing laboratories, steam supply systems, compressed air generation, airlocks, technical cooling, personnel and freight elevators, building envelope including walls, doors, etc., exterior shading and the building control system (ICA))
- Safety equipment (including fire alarm systems such as smoke and fire detectors, fire extinguishing systems, smoke and heat extraction systems, escape and rescue routes, emergency lighting systems, fire protection and power-operated doors as well as access control and locking systems)
- Basic media supply and disposal (water supply, power supply including UPS and emergency standby power generators, demineralized water and ultra-pure water supply, pumping stations and wastewater neutralization and disposal).
- This position will serve as Site Manager Facility Management for the new BioNTainer Site in Kigali, Rwanda. This new BioNTainer Site is scheduled to go into operation at the end of 2022 and is currently in the advanced planning phase. The Site Manager Facility Management is already intensively involved during the construction project and accompanies the subsequent shutdown and commissioning of the building as a contact person for all future responsibilities of the Facility Management Department.
- After the building has been commissioned, this position is responsible for the reliable operation of the technical systems and the organisation as well as supervision of maintenance and repair work. For this purpose, a site-specific team of specialised technicians has to be recruited and developed.
- Technical and disciplinary leadership of the Facility Management team on site.
- Ensuring proper and reliable operation and regular inspection, maintenance, repair of technical systems with external service providers (planning, coordination, implementation, documentation).
- Responsible supervisor of the overall condition of the facility and all technical building equipment, Budget responsibility, development of the team.
- Contact Person for all requests regarding the future facility management systems during the construction and commission phase of the BioNTainer site.
- Inspection and operation of all technical equipment, complex changes in instrumentation, control and automation system (ICA).
- Initiation of corrective actions in case of reported deviations and unusual incidents, inspections of safety-related equipment with independent inspection authorities
What you have to offer.
- Completed technical degree (B.Sc./M Sc.) or equivalent apprenticeship with technical background
- At least 3-5 years operational experiences in a technical environment, preferably with focus on facility management
- English fluent spoken and written
- Additional language is a plus
- Profound technical knowledge in infrastructure solutions
- Very experienced in leading and coordinating external suppliers
- Extensive technical knowledge and professional experience required
- Solution-oriented & service-orientated way of working
- Very good planning and organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Self-motivated work attitude and an ownership spirit for the job
- Pronounced leadership skills
- GxP-related experience is a plus
Benefits & Compensation.
How to apply.
- Only applications sent via our online form shall be considered.
- Only Candidates with the right qualifications and relevant experience shall be shortlisted and
- Incomplete applications shall be rejected
- Please note that BioNTech will do a background check during the hiring process (criminal record certificate) in case you do not provide
*BioNTech does not differentiate on the basis of gender, race or ethnicity, religion, color, sexual orientation or identity, disability, age and other protected statuses as given by applicable law. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Most important – it’s a match!