Information Technology, Manager*
- Gaithersburg, Maryland
- Work experience
Information Technology, Manager*
This position is based in Gaithersburg, MD at our newly formed clinical manufacturing site for BioNTech US. Together with the BioNTech US North American Headquarters in Cambridge, MA, both the Gaithersburg and Cambridge sites are an important part of our global effort to pioneer the development of next-generation immuno-oncology therapies that expects to experience significant growth in the near future. BioNTech US is a subsidiary of BioNTech SE with a strong foundation in Europe and a focus on the development of novel neoantigen-targeted T cell therapies, complementing BioNTech’s highly innovative scientific approach and diversified pipeline of transformative cancer medicines. As a key research and clinical development hub, BioNTech US will enable BioNTech’s growing presence in the US.
The Information Technology, Manager is responsible for the day-to-day delivery of information technology services for operations at the Gaithersburg, MD facility.
The role will participate in IT operations, repairs and maintenance, logistics, and staff support to assure reliable, and uninterrupted availability of site IT Systems. They will manage technicians and/or MSPs that operate, maintain, and administer computer networks and related computing environments at the Gaithersburg site. They will maintain a constant ‘pulse’ on all aspects of site IT services, will manage local tickets and service delivery, and will act as a liaison and escalation point for tickets, projects, and other projected and planned work that is reliant on regional/global support.
The successful candidate will have experience collaborating with end-users and system owners. They will assure alignment with regional/global projects, systems, and standards.
Up to 80% of their time will initially be spent on hands-on technology work, focused on overseeing end-user support, and supporting integration activities resulting from the site having been recently acquired by BioNTech.
Here, you’ll achieve greatness.
The successful candidate will have experience collaborating with end users and system owners. They will act as the site IT subject matter expert and will assure alignment with regional/global projects, systems and standards.
Up to 80% of their time will initially be spent on hands-on technology work, focused on overseeing end user support, and supporting integration activities resulting from the site having been recently acquired by BioNTech.
What you have to offer.
- Minimum requirements; 5 Plus years of experience supporting IT service delivery with medium size organization and ITIL Knowledge.
- Good understanding of server & desktop hardware/operating systems, networks, firewalls and load balancers, telecoms, etc.
- Good understanding of application configuration and system lifecycle support for R&D and GMP manufacturing and laboratory operations.
- Experience of working with and managing 3rd party service providers.
- Experience working in matrixed work environment.
- Familiar with computer systems validation in regulated environments.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server
- Active Directory (Design, Security and Administration)
- Knowledge of Messaging platforms (MS Outlook, Teams, Skype, etc.)
- Knowledge of Networking technologies and concepts.
- Good understanding of IT security and Data protection
- Good understanding of Cloud and mobile technology
- Proactive team player.
Preferred requirements; Experience with Service Now. Biopharmaceutical R&D and/or Manufacturing site experience.
Benefits for you.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life, AD&D, STD and LTD Insurance
- HSA & FSA Spending Accounts
- Health & Wellness, including free onsite gym access
- Adoption & Surrogacy Assistance
- Vacation and Unlimited Sick Time
- Holidays and Floating Holidays, including discretionary winter shutdown
- 401(K) Plan with Significant Company Match
- Tuition Reimbursement and Professional Development
- Commuting Assistance and free onsite parking
- Discounted Home and Auto Insurance
- Pet Insurance
Have we kindled your pioneering spirit?
For those who require assistance due to disability, or have questions prior to applying, please email email@example.com.
*BioNTech does not differentiate on the basis of gender, race or ethnicity, religion, color, sexual orientation or identity, disability, age and other protected statuses as given by applicable law. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Most important – it’s a match!