Site Head* & Managing Director*
- BioNTech Careers
- Senior, very experienced
- Executive Middle Management
- Executive Top Management
- Production, manufacturing
We are a global immunotherapy company. Our 3,000+ colleagues globally are committed to improving the health of people worldwide with our fundamental research utilizing the full potential of the immune system to fight cancer, infectious diseases and other serious diseases. We leveraged our mRNA technology to develop a COVID-19 vaccine which became the first mRNA drug approved for human use.
What we do with the BioNTainers:
We want to improve healthcare by making our innovations accessible worldwide. Therefore, we developed the first modular mRNA-manufacturing facilities based on a container solution called “BioNTainers”. The aim is to build a regional manufacturing network in Africa, with Africa, for Africa.
Why we need you:
The BioNTainers will be equipped to produce a range of mRNA-based vaccines targeted towards the needs of African Union member states. You will become part of the regional staffing team, driving the establishment of the regional African end-to-end mRNA manufacturing network.
Site Head* & Managing Director*
Responsible for achieving the set targets for the site from start up to routine operations as well as running continuous improvements linked to KPI’s as indicated by global HQ.
Ensure that both industry and global standards are applied along the value chain, from procurement to delivery of product.
Your main responsibilities are:
- Working in close partnership and alignment with the Global Project Lead on a daily
- Joint set-up of the manufacturing location together with the Modular Manufacturing
Global Project Lead to ensure smooth kick-off.
- Ensure onboarding of further local employees required to kick-off the commercial
production in Rwanda together with local HR (e.g., support hiring process, evaluate
local training capabilities).
- Ensure that all necessary processes are set up according to GMP and local
- Provide leadership for the successful set up and operation of the manufacturing
facility including delivering on all business objectives to achieve seamless
integration and results.
- Work closely cross functionally and global amongst key teams to ensure state-of-
- Ensure operations per set schedule, budget and in accordance with GMP and local
- Lead communications and ensure alignment with global and regional teams,
vendors, suppliers, local authorities, and others.
- Lead and coordinate construction and/or equipment installation/validation activities.
Responsible for reporting on all relevant matters.
- Ensures that all aspects of technical operations within the assigned facilities
functions are in compliance with BNT policies and standards in the area of
regulatory compliance, Quality Assurance, GMP, Health, Safety, Security and Environmental Protection.
- Drives the talent agenda: Leading people processes through recruitment, training, coaching and performance to meet all operation requirements sustaining both global and local competitiveness and diversity. Supports a stable succession plan for Operations.
- Develops and implements organisation-wide strategies based on the overall global objectives.
- Manages all site resource allocation, including assets efficiently.
- Is responsible for overall relationships with local Governmental bodies and key stakeholders.
What you have to offer.
- University degree (MSc) in Chemical Engineering, Life Science: Biology, Biotechnology or Biochemistry.
- Business degree or MBA desirable.
- Previous experience running a site preferred.
- 10 years confirmed experience in the field of large-scale manufacturing (possibly technical development) of biopharmaceuticals at senior management level.
- Fluency in English (written and spoken) is essential
- French desirable
- Strong leadership and cross-cultural experience.
- Strategical thinking and operational excellence.
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills in relation to working in a fast-paced start-up environment.
- High degree of autonomy.
- Ability to manage ambiguity and operate effectively.
- Self-starter, ability to flex and change direction as business needs necessitate.
Benefits & Compensation.
How to apply.
- Only applications sent via our online form shall be considered.
- Only Candidates with the right qualifications and relevant experience shall be shortlisted and
- Incomplete applications shall be rejected
- Please note that BioNTech will do a background check during the hiring process (criminal record certificate) in case you do not provide
*BioNTech does not differentiate on the basis of gender, race or ethnicity, religion, color, sexual orientation or identity, disability, age and other protected statuses as given by applicable law. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Most important – it’s a match!