Senior Systems Engineer
- BioNTech Careers
- Cambridge, Massachusetts
- Work experience
- Research, development, teaching
- Published: 2022-09-15
- published till: 2022-11-30
Senior Systems Engineer
We are seeking an experienced Senior Systems Engineer to support our ELN and LIMS administration.
Here, you’ll achieve greatness.
- System administration of the electronic laboratory notebook (ELN) and Laboratory Information management systems (LIMS), at BioNTech Cambridge (CB) and Gaithersburg (GB) sites: user administration, installation of version and content updates, as well as implementation of software and data archiving
- Representation of CB and GB sites to coordinate with BioNTech Mainz on the user training, admin training, systems administration, systems evolvement
- Development and translation of business processes of our internal customers into ELN and LIMS requirements and specifications
- Organization and management of license monitoring
- Data acquisition for the departments with various interfaces to the laboratory employees in R&D
- Contact person for all users and responsible for user training including the creation of suitable training documents
- Continuous adjustment and configuration of the system Creation of operational and technical documentation, templates, and spreadsheets
- constant evaluation of our platform for gaps and proposing innovative solutions; champion of the use of modern technology to support efficient and quality laboratory processes
What you have to offer.
- 3+ years of experience in the biopharma or CRO industry with a thorough understanding of evaluating, implementing, documenting, and supporting ELN and/or LIMS
- Bachelor or master’s degree in science / technology who has completed academic studies in biotechnology, computer science, bioinformatics, chemistry, biology, or a comparable subject
- Passion to help with and enable scientists in the lab
- Experience in analyzing lab processes, performing risk assessments, and managing requirements
- Results-oriented way of working, as well as a high willingness to learn about new technologies
- Ability to work in a team, high commitment and initiative, as well as an analytical way of thinking
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to work cross-functionally
Benefits for you.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life, AD&D, STD and LTD Insurance
- HSA & FSA Spending Accounts
- Health & Wellness, including free onsite gym access
- Adoption & Surrogacy Assistance
- Vacation and Unlimited Sick Time
- Holidays and Floating Holidays, including discretionary winter shutdown
- 401(K) Plan with Significant Company Match
- Tuition Reimbursement and Professional Development
- Commuting Assistance and subsidized onsite parking
- Discounted Home and Auto Insurance
- Pet Insurance
Have we kindled your pioneering spirit?
For those who require assistance due to disability, or have questions prior to applying, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
*BioNTech does not differentiate on the basis of gender, race or ethnicity, religion, color, sexual orientation or identity, disability, age and other protected statuses as given by applicable law. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Most important – it’s a match!