Senior System Engineer* R&D Lab
- Work experience
- Research, development, teaching
Become a member of the BioNTech Family!
We aim to reduce the suffering of people with life-changing therapies by harnessing the potential of the immune system to develop novel therapies against cancer and infectious diseases. While doing so, we are guided by our three company values: united, innovative, passionate. Get in touch with us if you are looking to be a part of creating hope for a healthy future in many people's lives.
Senior System Engineer* R&D Lab
The System Engineer R&D Lab Systems is part of the team that builds, deploys and runs our R&D Lab computer systems. The Engineer will support in building up the team, integrate existing solutions into the responsibility of the team and derive a strategy and implementation plan for the next level of improvement.
With a high level of technical domain expertise in R&D Lab Systems, management of R&D related processes in the pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical industry, she/he works cross-functional through the application and project life cycle to ensure consistent processes delivered according to our standards and across the application landscape.
Your main responsibilities are:
- Bring in domain expertise in at least one of the following areas:
- Laboratory information management systems (LIMS, LIS). Bring in market knowledge for specific software (e.g. Labware, ThermoFischer, BioVia, quattro, SAP QM, etc.)
- Machine control Software: Device Integration and automation. Planning, implementation and execution of laboratory automation processes. Experience with the following equipments: Tecan, Beckman Coulter, Celltrio, Sartorius, Aixtron, etc.
- Analytical Software Platforms: Experience in setup and configuration of major analytical platforms like Dotmatics, Scigilian, Perkin Elmer and/or generic solutions like Spotfire or Knime
- Develop overall strategy for build, deploy and run of our R&D Lab system landscape in close alignment with process owners, system architects and portfolio managers
- Ensures successful delivery of our projects
- Act as system owner with full end-to-end responsibility of the assigned systems
What you have to offer.
- Degree in natural sciences or engineering or computer science
- 3 years of professional experience in an associated domain
- Experience in an R&D environments
- Experience in implementation and operation of computer systems in the laboratory environment (e.g. LIMS, SDMS, platform systems for the management of analytical instruments, machine control solutions or data analytics solutions operated for laboratory use cases)
- Good knowledge in the GxP
- Knowledge in the area of validation of computerized systems (GMP Annex 11, FDA CFR 21, GAMP 5)
- Experience with agile methods (e.g. Scrum, SAFe)
- Strong project, stakeholder and communication management skills
- Fluent in English is required, profound German is a plus
Benefits for you.
- Company Pension Scheme
- Company Bike
- Leave Account
- Fitness Courses
- Mobile Office
- Special Vacation
Have we kindled your pioneering spirit?
If you have any further questions, our Talent Acquisition Team will be happy to answer them on + 49 (0) 6131-9084-1291 (monday-friday, from 12 noon to 4 pm).
Job-ID 4551 (please indicate for inquiries)
We look forward to your application!
*BioNTech does not differentiate on the basis of gender, race or ethnicity, religion, color, sexual orientation or identity, disability, age and other protected statuses as given by applicable law. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Most important – it’s a match!
BioNTech - As unique as you