Senior Scientist, Translational Immunology
- BioNTech Careers
- Cambridge, Massachusetts
- Work experience
- Research, development, teaching
- Published: 17.11.2021
- published till: 29.01.2022
Senior Scientist, Translational Immunology
Based in Cambridge, MA, BioNTech US serves as BioNTech’s North American headquarters and is an important part of our global effort to pioneer the development of next-generation immuno-oncology therapies. BioNTech US is a fully integrated subsidiary with a strong foundation in Europe and a focus on the development of novel neoantigen-targeted T cell therapies, complementing BioNTech’s highly innovative scientific approach and diversified pipeline of transformative cancer medicines. As a key research and clinical development hub, BioNTech US will enable BioNTech’s growing presence in the US.
Based in Cambridge, MA, BioNTech US serves as BioNTech’s North American headquarters and is an important part of our global effort to pioneer the development of next-generation immuno-oncology therapies that expects to experience significant growth in the near future. BioNTech US is a subsidiary of BioNTech SE with a strong foundation in Europe and a focus on the development of novel neoantigen-targeted T cell therapies, complementing BioNTech’s highly innovative scientific approach and diversified pipeline of transformative cancer medicines. As a key research and clinical development hub, BioNTech US will enable BioNTech’s growing presence in the US.
BioNTech US is seeking a highly motivated Senior Scientist to join the Translational Immunology team. The team’s key goals are to understand the impact of our cutting-edge infectious disease vaccines and cancer immunotherapies on our patients, to study the underlying biological mechanisms of response and resistance, to identify biomarkers and to establish the evidence for next generation treatments. If you are excited about opportunities to work independently and have project ownership, while working in a highly collaborative team to achieve mutual goals, this role would be a good fit for you. As part of our multi-disciplinary team, you will work closely and collaborate with other scientists in the group, as well as with other members within the research and clinical teams. A big part of your role will include working directly with clinical samples to perform immune characterization and identify biomarkers, as well as working with internal teams and external collaborators to develop and implement a biomarker strategy.
Here, you’ll achieve greatness.
The areas of responsibilities will include
- Lead efforts to address key translational research questions related to mechanisms of action and identification of novel biomarkers from peripheral blood and tissue samples
- Develop biomarker-related strategies for exploratory and clinical development
- Collaborate with both internal research teams and external groups/CROs to implement biomarker-related strategies
- Design and perform immunological assays, including ELISpot, ELISA, flow cytometry-based assays, to identify biomarkers
- Analysis of immune data and presentation of results to larger scientific groups both internally and externally
- Provide guidance on and lead drafting of biomarker-related documents and sections within clinical and regulatory documents
- Work collaboratively in a team environment and independently to deliver against timelines
- Train and supervise research associates to accomplish team and company goals
- Maintain a high standard of experimentation and record keeping
What you have to offer.
- PhD in Immunology or related field with in-depth knowledge of immunology, infectious disease, or immuno-oncology
- Minimum of 2-3 years of relevant working experience in industry is required
- Experience with development and implementation of relevant biomarker and immunological assays, including ELISpot, ELISAs, flow cytometry, T cell-based assays, serological assays, etc.
- Demonstrated experience with innovative assay development and proven ability to effectively troubleshoot and solve complex problems
- Experience working in a multi-disciplinary team and ability to integrate cross-functional information
- Excellent organizational, communication skills, and attention to details
- Prior experience in infectious disease, working with clinical samples and/or biomarker assay development is highly preferred
- Prior experience managing and working with CROs is preferred
Benefits for you.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life, AD&D, STD and LTD Insurance
- HSA & FSA Spending Accounts
- Health & Wellness, including free onsite gym access
- Adoption & Surrogacy Assistance
- Vacation and Unlimited Sick Time
- Holidays and Floating Holidays, including discretionary winter shutdown
- 401(K) Plan with Significant Company Match
- Tuition Reimbursement and Professional Development
- Commuting Assistance and free onsite parking
- Discounted Home and Auto Insurance
- Pet Insurance
Have we kindled your pioneering spirit?
For those who require assistance due to disability, or have questions prior to applying, please email email@example.com.
*BioNTech does not differentiate on the basis of gender, race or ethnicity, religion, color, sexual orientation or identity, disability, age and other protected statuses as given by applicable law. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Most important – it’s a match!