Senior Scientist, Translational Immunology*
- Cambridge (Boston)
- Work experience
- Research, development, teaching
Senior Scientist, Translational Immunology*
Based in Cambridge, MA, BioNTech US serves as BioNTech’s North American headquarters and is an important part of our global effort to pioneer the development of next-generation immuno-oncology therapies. BioNTech US is a fully integrated subsidiary with a strong foundation in Europe and a focus on the development of novel neoantigen-targeted T cell therapies, complementing BioNTech’s highly innovative scientific approach and diversified pipeline of transformative cancer medicines. As a key research and clinical development hub, BioNTech US will enable BioNTech’s growing presence in the US.
BioNTech US is seeking a highly motivated Senior Scientist to join the Translational Immunology team. The team’s key goals are to understand the impact of our cutting-edge immunotherapies on the patients in our clinical trials, study the biology to understand underlying mechanisms of response and resistance, to identify biomarkers and to establish the evidence for next generation treatments. If you are excited about opportunities to work independently and have project ownership, while working on a highly collaborative team to achieve mutual goals, this may be a good role for you. As part of our multi-disciplinary team, you will work closely and collaborate with other scientists in the group, as well as with other members within the research and clinical teams. A big part of your role will include working directly with clinical samples generated during BioNTech US trials to identify biomarkers, as well as working with internal teams, external collaborators, and contract research organizations (CROs) to develop and implement a biomarker strategy.
Here, you’ll achieve greatness.
- Collaborate with both internal research teams and external groups/ CROs to advance translational science capabilities at BioNTech.
- Develop Translational strategies for BioNTech sponsored clinical trials.
- Active participation in Program Core teams and contribute to advancing the program.
- Participate in the writing of program documents including TPP, IND, CDP and other regulatory documents.
- Design and mentor immune assays like ELISAs, ELISPOTS, Fluorescence activated cell sorting analysis, mass cytometry and T and B cell proliferation assays.
- Purification and characterization of PBMCs and tumor infiltrating lymphocytes from peripheral blood and lymphocytes.
- Evaluation of T cell and B cell receptor sequences in TILS and PBMCS
- Develop SOPS and maintain a high standard of experimentation and record keeping
- Improvement of current processes and implementation of new technologies.
What you have to offer.
- Ph.D., M.D., or M.D./Ph. D in Immunology with a minimum of 5 years of working experience in industry.
- Expert in immunology and development of immune related assays.
- Deep knowledge of T and B cell biology.
- Prior experience working with immuno-oncology or infectious disease systems highly preferred.
- Experience in a clinical lab and prior biomarker work highly desirable.
- Demonstrated experience in complex problem solving.
- Excellent organizational, communication skills and a pro-active mentality.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Enjoys solving challenging scientific questions in a fast pace environment
- Independent, flexible, self-motivated, and the ability to work well with others
Benefits for you.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life, AD&D, STD and LTD Insurance
- COVID-19 Testing
- HSA & FSA Spending Accounts
- Health & Wellness, including free onsite gym access
- Adoption & Surrogacy Assistance
- Vacation and Unlimited Sick Time
- Holidays and Floating Holidays, including discretionary winter shutdown
- 401(K) Plan with Significant Company Match
- Tuition Reimbursement and Professional Development
- Commuting Assistance and free onsite parking
- Discounted Home and Auto Insurance
- Pet Insurance
Have we kindled your pioneering spirit?
For those who require assistance due to disability, or have questions prior to applying, please email email@example.com.
*BioNTech does not differentiate on the basis of gender, race, religion, color, origin, sexual orientation, disability, age and other protected status as required by applicable law. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
BioNTech - As unique as you