(Senior) Scientist, Translational Immunology*
- Cambridge (Boston)
- Work experience
- Research, development, teaching
(Senior) Scientist, Translational Immunology*
Based in Cambridge, MA, BioNTech US serves as BioNTech’s North American headquarters and is an important part of our global effort to pioneer the development of next-generation immuno-oncology therapies. BioNTech US is a fully integrated subsidiary with a strong foundation in Europe and a focus on the development of novel neoantigen-targeted T cell therapies, complementing BioNTech’s highly innovative scientific approach and diversified pipeline of transformative cancer medicines. As a key research and clinical development hub, BioNTech US will enable BioNTech’s growing presence in the US.
BioNTech US is seeking a highly motivated Scientist to join the Translational Immunology team. The team’s key goals are to understand the impact of our cutting-edge immunotherapies on the patients in our clinical trials, study the biology to understand underlying mechanisms of response and resistance, to identify biomarkers and to establish the evidence for next generation treatments. If you are excited about opportunities to work independently and have project ownership, while working on a highly collaborative team to achieve mutual goals, this may be a good role for you. As part of our multi-disciplinary team, you will work closely and collaborate with other scientists in the group, as well as with other members within the research and clinical teams. A big part of your role will include working directly with clinical samples generated during BioNTech US trials to identify biomarkers, as well as working with internal teams, external collaborators, and contract research organizations (CROs) to develop and implement a biomarker strategy.
Here, you’ll achieve greatness.
- Lead efforts to address key translational research questions related to mechanisms of action and identification of novel biomarkers from peripheral blood and tissue samples
- Design and perform immunological assays, including ELISpot, ELISA, flow cytometry-based assays, to identify biomarkers
- Develop biomarker-related strategies for exploratory and clinical development
- Collaborate with both internal research teams and external groups/CROs to implement a biomarker strategy, including biomarker validation and development of diagnostic biomarker assays
- Provide guidance on and lead drafting of biomarker-related documents and sections within clinical and regulatory documents
- Analysis of biomarker-related data and presentation of results to larger scientific groups both internally and externally
- Maintain a high standard of experimentation and record keeping
- Work productively in a team environment and independently to deliver against timelines
- Train and supervise research associates to accomplish goals within designated timelines
What you have to offer.
- PhD in Immunology or related field with in-depth knowledge of immunology, immuno-oncology, or oncology
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant working experience in academia or industry
- Experience with development and implementation of relevant biomarker and immunological assays, including ELISpot, ELISAs, flow cytometry, T cell-based assays, IHC, gene expression, etc.
- Demonstrated experience with innovative assay development and proven ability to effectively troubleshoot and solve complex problems
- Prior experience managing and working with CROs is strongly preferred
- Experience working with clinical samples and biomarker assay development is highly desirable
- Demonstrated experience working on a multi-disciplinary team and ability to integrate cross-functional information
- Excellent organizational, communication skills, and attention to details
Benefits for you.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life, AD&D, STD and LTD Insurance
- HSA & FSA Spending Accounts
- Health & Wellness, including free onsite gym access
- Adoption & Surrogacy Assistance
- Vacation and Unlimited Sick Time
- Holidays and Floating Holidays, including discretionary winter shutdown
- 401(K) Plan with Significant Company Match
- Tuition Reimbursement and Professional Development
- Commuting Assistance and free onsite parking
- Discounted Home and Auto Insurance
- Pet Insurance
Have we kindled your pioneering spirit?
For those who require assistance due to disability, or have questions prior to applying, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
*BioNTech does not differentiate on the basis of gender, race, religion, color, origin, sexual orientation, disability, age and other protected status as required by applicable law. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
BioNTech - As unique as you