(Senior) Scientist, T Cell Immunology*
- Cambridge (Boston)
- Work experience
- Senior, very experienced
- Research, development, teaching
(Senior) Scientist, T Cell Immunology*
Based in Cambridge, MA, BioNTech US serves as BioNTech’s North American headquarters and is an important part of our global effort to pioneer the development of next-generation immuno-oncology therapies. BioNTech US is a fully integrated subsidiary with a strong foundation in Europe and a focus on the development of novel neoantigen-targeted T cell therapies, complementing BioNTech’s highly innovative scientific approach and diversified pipeline of transformative cancer medicines. As a key research and clinical development hub, BioNTech US will enable BioNTech’s growing presence in the US.
BioNTech US is seeking a Scientist, T Cell Immunology, who will be part of the T Cell Immunology research team, which is developing T Cell therapies targeting neoantigens that are unique to each patient. As part of a multi-disciplinary team, you will work closely with the departments of Cancer Immunology, Protein Sciences, Process Development, and Bioinformatics to develop and assess the efficacy of this approach. The candidate will participate in understanding and improving the functionality and persistence of our current T Cell approach and participate in the development of a new T Cell approach to target private mutations and push that into clinical development. Importantly, the candidate is expected to take on scientific leadership of preclinical efforts.
Here, you’ll achieve greatness.
- Collaborate with both internal research teams and external groups/CROs to advance T Cell immunology capabilities
- Develop T Cell Immune monitoring strategies for sponsored clinical trials
- Design and perform T Cell characterization/targeting for neoantigens
- Evaluation of T cell receptor sequences
- Develop SOPS and maintain a high standard of experimentation and record keeping
- Improvement of current processes and implementation of new technologies
- Analysis and presentation of results to larger scientific groups.
- Train and supervise research associates to accomplish program and company goals within designated timelines
What you have to offer.
- Ph.d in T Cell immunology or related discipline, and/or relevant work experience with strong knowledge of the adaptive and innate immune system as well as oncology
- Minimum of 5 years in T Cell Immunology
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in developing T Cell therapies
- Primary cell culture experience
- Significant experience with pre-clinical in vivo models preferred
- Demonstrated experience with multicolor flow cytometry and other immune related assays
- Strong mastery of multicolor flow cytometry for T Cell characterization
- Excellent attention to detail, excellent written and oral communication skills
- Enjoys solving challenging scientific questions in a fast pace environment
Benefits for you.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life, AD&D, STD and LTD Insurance
- HSA & FSA Spending Accounts
- Health & Wellness, including free onsite gym access
- Adoption & Surrogacy Assistance
- Vacation and Unlimited Sick Time
- Holidays and Floating Holidays, including discretionary winter shutdown
- 401(K) Plan with Significant Company Match
- Tuition Reimbursement and Professional Development
- Commuting Assistance and free onsite parking
- Discounted Home and Auto Insurance
- Pet Insurance
Have we kindled your pioneering spirit?
For those who require assistance due to disability, or have questions prior to applying, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
*BioNTech does not differentiate on the basis of gender, race, religion, color, origin, sexual orientation, disability, age and other protected status as required by applicable law. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
BioNTech - As unique as you