Senior Scientist, T Cell Immunology *
- Cambridge, MA
- Work experience
- Research, development, teaching
Senior Scientist, T Cell Immunology*
Based in Cambridge, MA, BioNTech US serves as BioNTech’s North American headquarters and is an important part of our global effort to pioneer the development of next-generation immuno-oncology therapies. BioNTech US is a fully integrated subsidiary with a strong foundation in Europe and a focus on the development of novel neoantigen-targeted T cell therapies, complementing BioNTech’s highly innovative scientific approach and diversified pipeline of transformative cancer medicines. As a key research and clinical development hub, BioNTech US will enable BioNTech’s growing presence in the US.
The successful candidate will be part of the Process Development team, which develops large-scale closed-system processes for all BioNTech US cell therapy products. The candidate will work in a matrixed fashion with research teams of the Cell Therapy Unit, as well as the Technical Operations, Regulatory and Quality groups to prioritize, evaluate and implement process improvements for our lead cell therapy program. The candidate is expected to act as a strategic leader in developing a commercial-ready cell manufacturing process. This position reports to a Group Leader, Senior Scientist II, T cell Immunology.
Here, you’ll achieve greatness.
- Lead and execute process improvement projects to support later-stage clinical development of autologous, neoantigen-specific T cell therapy
- Collaborate with a strategic cross-functional team to prioritize and manage process improvement projects, and to implement process changes upon completion
- Support tech transfer of process changes and to new sites
- Manage projects conducted at external collaborators and/or CDMOs
- Present results to both scientific and cross-functional teams
What you have to offer.
- Minimum requirement; Ph.D. in T cell immunology or related discipline, and/or relevant work experience with strong knowledge of T cell biology, immuno-oncology, and cell therapy process development. Six plus years of experience is required.
- Significant experience with large-scale, closed-system technologies for cell processing and culturing
- Mastery of multicolor flow cytometry and other immune related assays
- Experience with CMC and tech transfer
- Ability to balance independent execution with strategic contributions and project management
- Excellent attention to detail, excellent written and oral communication skills
- Enjoys solving challenging scientific questions in a fast-paced environment
- Independent, flexible, self-motivated, and the ability to work well with others
Benefits for you.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life, AD&D, STD and LTD Insurance
- HSA & FSA Spending Accounts
- Free COVID-19 Testing
- Health & Wellness, including free onsite gym access
- Adoption & Surrogacy Assistance
- Vacation and Unlimited Sick Time
- Holidays and Floating Holidays, including discretionary winter shutdown
- 401(K) Plan with Significant Company Match
- Tuition Reimbursement and Professional Development
- Commuting Assistance and free onsite parking
- Discounted Home and Auto Insurance
- Pet Insurance
Have we kindled your pioneering spirit?
For those who require assistance due to disability, or have questions prior to applying, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
*BioNTech does not differentiate on the basis of gender, race, religion, color, origin, sexual orientation, disability, age and other protected status as required by applicable law. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
BioNTech - As unique as you