Senior Scientist, T Cell Assays*
- Gaithersburg, Maryland
- Work experience
- Research, development, teaching
Senior Scientist, T Cell Assays*
This position is based in Gaithersburg, MD at our newly formed clinical manufacturing site for BioNTech US. Together with the BioNTech US North American Headquarters in Cambridge, MA, both the Gaithersburg and Cambridge sites are an important part of our global effort to pioneer the development of next-generation immuno-oncology therapies that expects to experience significant growth in the near future. BioNTech US is a subsidiary of BioNTech SE with a strong foundation in Europe and a focus on the development of novel neoantigen-targeted T cell therapies, complementing BioNTech’s highly innovative scientific approach and diversified pipeline of transformative cancer medicines. As a key research and clinical development hub, BioNTech US will enable BioNTech’s growing presence in the US.
Position is located in Gaithersburg, Maryland
We are seeking a highly motivated Senior Scientist to join BioNTech’s new Research and Manufacturing facility focused on novel TCR mediated T cell therapies targeting solid tumor mutations and antigens at our Gaithersburg, MD location. Specifically, the individual will be part of the TCR Bioassay Team focused on high throughput assay screens and cell line engineering. In this role, you will be responsible for implementing and optimizing automated TCR validation and characterization platforms and gene delivery system and collaborating with various internal groups to provide support in TCR screening activities.
Here, you’ll achieve greatness.
- Develop, optimize, and execute high throughput cell based assays using automation instrument
- Develop, optimize, and execute high throughput gene delivery system using automation instrument
- Lead and manage projects involving cell based screenings to priority TCR for clinical development
- Lead and execute projects in genetic modification on cell lines with CRISPR technology and virus-based overexpression system
- Establish standard operating procedures and protocols
- Perform routine laboratory tasks and other duties as assigned
What you have to offer.
- Minimum requirements; PhD in Immunology, Biomedical Sciences or a closely related field with 5 plus years of relevant experience.
- Strong cell culture and aseptic techniques, as well as experience with the cultivation of primary (human) cells
- Previous hands-on experience in cell isolations, viral vector generation, flow cytometry, assay development with primary T cells and cell lines
- Experience with primary T cell-based assays: cytotoxicity, cytokine secretion, cell proliferation assays
- Previous experience with automation instruments such as liquid handlers is preferred
- Strong attention to detail and ability to maintain detailed documentation of research activities in electronic lab notebook
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment and able embrace change, while working to produce key deliverables in accordance with project timelines
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to communicate results to a diverse cross-functional audience
- Proactive, self-motivated team player with strong interpersonal skills, appropriate sense of urgency and the ability to work independently
Benefits for you.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life, AD&D, STD and LTD Insurance
- HSA & FSA Spending Accounts
- Health & Wellness, including free onsite gym access
- Adoption & Surrogacy Assistance
- Vacation and Unlimited Sick Time
- Holidays and Floating Holidays, including discretionary winter shutdown
- 401(K) Plan with Significant Company Match
- Tuition Reimbursement and Professional Development
- Commuting Assistance and free onsite parking
- Discounted Home and Auto Insurance
- Pet Insurance
Have we kindled your pioneering spirit?
For those who require assistance due to disability, or have questions prior to applying, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
*BioNTech does not differentiate on the basis of gender, race or ethnicity, religion, color, sexual orientation or identity, disability, age and other protected statuses as given by applicable law. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Most important – it’s a match!