Senior Scientist, Systems Immunology*
- Cambridge, Massachusetts
- Work experience
- Research, development, teaching
Senior Scientist, Systems Immunology*
We are seeking an innovative, collaborative, and enthusiastic senior immunologist with T cell and virology expertise to be a part of the Systems Immunology research team at BioNTech US. The Systems Immunology team is pre-clinically focused, aiming to understand immune responses and harness it to derive novel prophylactics and therapeutics. The successful candidate will work within a dynamic, collaborative, and multidisciplinary environment consisting of computational biologists, immunologists, proteomics scientists, and molecular biologists to identify and validate targets for infectious disease vaccines. Our new researcher will be a critical thought leader in the team and company, responsible for leading cutting-edge research for viral and other pathogenic infectious diseases, including the generation of pre-clinical and IND enabling data to support therapies for the identified targets.
Here, you’ll achieve greatness.
The areas of responsibilities will include
- Be a thought-leader and strategist for infectious disease vaccine development
- Collaborate with both internal research teams and external groups/CROs to generate and validate viral targets.
- Generate and validate hypotheses through experimental design using in-vitro and in-vivo approaches
- Culture and expansion of primary immune cells and cell lines
- Analysis of in vivo disease models as well as in vitro and ex vivo immune assays(ELISpot cytotoxicity, etc).
- Assessment of specificity and functionality of B/T cells by multicolor flow cytometry
- Analysis and presentation of results to internal and external stakeholders.
- Capacity to prioritize and work independently to complete tasks and advance projects with minimal supervision
- Be a major contributor to IND-enabling studies and report writing for filing
- Train and mentor research associates to accomplish program and company goals within designated timelines.
- Tracking and compiling results in an electronic notebook
What you have to offer.
- Ph.D. in T cell Immunology, Infectious Disease, or related discipline
- A minimum of 2-3 years of experience in T cell immunology in infectious disease or related discipline post PhD is required; industry experience is preferred.
- A strong interest in adaptive immune responses from acute and chronic infections
- Experience in primary immune cell culture and infectious disease in-vivo models
- Demonstrated experience with ELISpot, flow cytometry and other immune related assays.
- Strong mastery of multicolor flow cytometry for T cell characterization
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a collaborative environment to meet project goals
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Enjoys solving challenging scientific questions in a fast-paced environment.
Benefits for you.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life, AD&D, STD and LTD Insurance
- HSA & FSA Spending Accounts
- Free COVID-19 Testing
- Health & Wellness, including free onsite gym access
- Adoption & Surrogacy Assistance
- Vacation and Unlimited Sick Time
- Holidays and Floating Holidays, including discretionary winter shutdown
- 401(K) Plan with Significant Company Match
- Tuition Reimbursement and Professional Development
- Commuting Assistance and free onsite parking
- Discounted Home and Auto Insurance
- Pet Insurance
Have we kindled your pioneering spirit?
For those who require assistance due to disability, or have questions prior to applying, please email email@example.com.
*BioNTech does not differentiate on the basis of gender, race or ethnicity, religion, color, sexual orientation or identity, disability, age and other protected statuses as given by applicable law. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Most important – it’s a match!