Senior Scientist, Molecular Immunology*
- Cambridge, MA
- Work experience
- Research, development, teaching
(Senior) Scientist, Molecular Immunology*
Based in Cambridge, MA, BioNTech US serves as BioNTech’s North American headquarters and is an important part of our global effort to pioneer the development of next-generation immuno-oncology therapies. BioNTech US is a fully integrated subsidiary with a strong foundation in Europe and a focus on the development of novel neoantigen-targeted T cell therapies, complementing BioNTech’s highly innovative scientific approach and diversified pipeline of transformative cancer medicines. As a key research and clinical development hub, BioNTech US will enable BioNTech’s growing presence in the US.
We are seeking an innovative, collaborative, and enthusiastic immunologist to be a part of the Molecular Immunology research team. The successful candidate will work within a dynamic and collaborative matrix environment to identify and validate T cell targets for use in immuno-oncology and infectious disease vaccines and cell therapies. As part of a multi-disciplinary team, you will work closely with the departments of Bioinformatics and Proteomics to develop and assess the efficacy of this approach. Our new researcher will be a thought leader in the team, responsible for the generation of pre-clinical and IND enabling data to support therapies using these targets
Here, you’ll achieve greatness.
- Collaborate with both internal research teams and external groups/CROs to validate therapy targets.
- Culture and expansion of primary immune cells and cell lines
- Analysis of in vivo disease models using immune assays such as ELISpot.
- Assessment of specificity and functionality of T cells by multicolor flow cytometry
- Tracking and compiling results in an electronic notebook
- Analysis and presentation of results to internal and external stakeholders.
- Train and supervise research associates to accomplish program and company goals within designated timelines.
What you have to offer.
- Ph.D. in T cell Immunology, Infectious Disease, Cancer Immunology, or related discipline
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in T cell immunology or related discipline is required
- A strong interest in T cell biology and cancer immunotherapy
- Primary immune cell culture experience
- In vivo model experience preferred.
- Demonstrated experience with ELISpot, flow cytometry and other immune related assays.
- Strong mastery of multicolor flow cytometry for T cell characterization
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a collaborative environment to meet project goals.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Enjoys solving challenging scientific questions in a fast-paced environment.
Benefits for you.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life, AD&D, STD and LTD Insurance
- COVID-19 Testing
- HSA & FSA Spending Accounts
- Health & Wellness, including free onsite gym access
- Adoption & Surrogacy Assistance
- Vacation and Unlimited Sick Time
- Holidays and Floating Holidays, including discretionary winter shutdown
- 401(K) Plan with Significant Company Match
- Tuition Reimbursement and Professional Development
- Commuting Assistance and free onsite parking
- Discounted Home and Auto Insurance
- Pet Insurance
Have we kindled your pioneering spirit?
For those who require assistance due to disability, or have questions prior to applying, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
*BioNTech does not differentiate on the basis of gender, race, religion, color, origin, sexual orientation, disability, age and other protected status as required by applicable law. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
BioNTech - As unique as you