Senior Research Associate, T Cell Immunology/DPCAD*
- Cambridge (Boston)
- Work experience
- Research, development, teaching
Senior Research Associate, T Cell Immunology/DPCAD *
Based in Cambridge, MA, BioNTech US serves as BioNTech’s North American headquarters and is an important part of our global effort to pioneer the development of next-generation immuno-oncology therapies. BioNTech US is a fully integrated subsidiary with a strong foundation in Europe and a focus on the development of novel neoantigen-targeted T cell therapies, complementing BioNTech’s highly innovative scientific approach and diversified pipeline of transformative cancer medicines. As a key research and clinical development hub, BioNTech US will enable BioNTech’s growing presence in the US.
BioNTech is seeking a highly-motivated Senior Research Associate to work as part of a multi disciplinary team developing neoantigen specific T cell products to be used in adoptive T cell therapy. You will work closely with the Cell Therapy Unit, Biochemistry, Bioinformatics, Translational Immunology and Technical Operations to develop and validate characterization assays and analytical methods to understand the quality and characteristics of the cell therapy drug product. This position reports to Scientist, T cell Immunology leading the cross functional Drug Product Characterization and Analytical Development team.
Here, you’ll achieve greatness.
- Culturing of human T cells
- Development and validation of analytical methods
- Drafting SOPs describing the methods to transfer and support CDMO
- Ensuring methods can be qualified or validated at CDMO and authoring method development reports
- Assessment of specificity and functionality of human T cells by multicolor flow cytometry
- Analysis of multicolor flow cytometry data
- Tracking and compiling results in an electronic notebook
- Presenting results to other scientific teams
What you have to offer.
- BS or MS in immunology or related discipline, and at least 2 years of relevant work experience
- A strong interest in T cell biology and cancer immunotherapy
- Primary cell culture experience is preferred
- Experience working with quality control of analytical methods and documention of SOPs preferred, especially if within a GMP environment
- Demonstrated experience with flow cytometry and other immune related assays is preferred
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a collaborative environment to meet project goals
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Enjoys solving challenging scientific questions in a fast pace environment
- Independent, flexible, self-motivated, and the ability to work well with others
Benefits for you.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life, AD&D, STD and LTD Insurance
- HSA & FSA Spending Accounts
- Health & Wellness, including free onsite gym access
- Adoption & Surrogacy Assistance
- Vacation and Unlimited Sick Time
- Holidays and Floating Holidays, including discretionary winter shutdown
- 401(K) Plan with Significant Company Match
- Tuition Reimbursement and Professional Development
- Commuting Assistance and free onsite parking
- Discounted Home and Auto Insurance
- Pet Insurance
Have we kindled your pioneering spirit?
For those who require assistance due to disability, or have questions prior to applying, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
*BioNTech does not differentiate on the basis of gender, race, religion, color, origin, sexual orientation, disability, age and other protected status as required by applicable law. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
BioNTech - As unique as you