Senior Research Associate, Process Development (T Cell Immunology)
- BioNTech Careers
- Cambridge, Massachusetts
- Work experience
- Research, development, teaching
- Published: 01.08.2022
- published till: 30.09.2022
senior Research Associate, Process Development (T Cell Immunology)
Based in Cambridge, MA, BioNTech US serves as BioNTech’s North American headquarters and is an important part of our global effort to pioneer the development of next-generation immuno-oncology therapies. BioNTech US is a fully integrated subsidiary with a strong foundation in Europe and a focus on the development of novel neoantigen-targeted T cell therapies, complementing BioNTech’s highly innovative scientific approach and diversified pipeline of transformative cancer medicines. As a key research and clinical development hub, BioNTech US will enable BioNTech’s growing presence in the US.
BioNTech is seeking a highly motivated Senior Research Associate with the goal of developing neoantigen-specific T cell products to be used in adoptive T cell therapy. The successful candidate will join the Process Development team, which develops large-scale, closed-system processes for BioNTech US cell therapy products. The candidate will work within a multi-disciplinary team, in close collaboration with Technical Operations and the Cell Therapy Unit to develop and improve cell therapy manufacturing processes. This position reports to a Scientist, T Cell Immunology (Process Development).
Here, you’ll achieve greatness.
- Culturing human T cells
- Assessing specificity and functionality of human T cells by multicolor flow cytometry
- Contributing to the development of procedures for large-scale, closed-system T cell culture
- Executing studies to improve cell therapy production processes
- Tracking and compiling results in an electronic notebook
- Contributing to preparation of technical reports
- Presenting results to scientific and cross-functional teams
What you have to offer.
- Bachelor’s degree or Masters degree in immunology, cell biology, or related discipline
- Minimum 2 years’ experience with flow cytometry, other immunological assays, and mammalian cell culture (aseptic)
- Strong attention to detail, communication, and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a collaborative environment to meet project goals
- Flexible, self-motivated, and the ability to work well with others
Benefits for you.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life, AD&D, STD and LTD Insurance
- HSA & FSA Spending Accounts
- Health & Wellness, including free onsite gym access
- Adoption & Surrogacy Assistance
- Vacation and Unlimited Sick Time
- Holidays and Floating Holidays, including discretionary winter shutdown
- 401(K) Plan with Significant Company Match
- Tuition Reimbursement and Professional Development
- Commuting Assistance and free onsite parking
- Discounted Home and Auto Insurance
- Pet Insurance
Have we kindled your pioneering spirit?
For those who require assistance due to disability, or have questions prior to applying, please email email@example.com.
*BioNTech does not differentiate on the basis of gender, race or ethnicity, religion, color, sexual orientation or identity, disability, age and other protected statuses as given by applicable law. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Most important – it’s a match!