Senior Research Associate, Molecular Immunology*
- Cambridge (Boston)
- Work experience
- Research, development, teaching
Sr. Research Associate, Molecular Immunology*
Based in Cambridge, MA, BioNTech US serves as BioNTech’s North American headquarters and is an important part of our global effort to pioneer the development of next-generation immuno-oncology therapies. BioNTech US is a fully integrated subsidiary with a strong foundation in Europe and a focus on the development of novel neoantigen-targeted T cell therapies, complementing BioNTech’s highly innovative scientific approach and diversified pipeline of transformative cancer medicines. As a key research and clinical development hub, BioNTech US will enable BioNTech’s growing presence in the US.
BioNTech US is seeking a highly motivated Sr. Research Associate with the goal of developing next generation neoantigen specific T cell products to be used in adoptive T cell therapy for the treatment of patients with metastatic solid tumors. As part of a multi-disciplinary team, you will work closely with the departments of T Cell Immunology, Cancer Immunology, and Protein Sciences departments to develop and assess the efficacy of this approach. This position reports to Scientist, Molecular Immunology.
Here, you’ll achieve greatness.
- Culturing of human T cells
- Genetic manipulation of immune cell cultures
- Assessment of specificity and functionality of human T cells by multicolor flow cytometry
- Culturing and genetic manipulation of tumor cell lines
- Assisting of training of lab personnel
- Tracking and compiling results in an electronic notebook
- Analysis and presentation of results to other scientific teams
What you have to offer.
- BS/MS in Immunology with two years of direct laboratory experience in academia or industry
- A strong interest in T cell biology and cancer immunotherapy
- Primary immune cell culture experience required
- Demonstrated experience in multicolor flow cytometry and other immune cell assays
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a collaborative environment to meet project goals
- Excellent attention to detail, and written and oral communication skills
- Enjoys solving challenging scientific questions in a fast-paced environment
- Independent, flexible, self-motivated, with the ability to work well with others
Benefits for you.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life, AD&D, STD and LTD Insurance
- COVID-19 Testing
- HSA & FSA Spending Accounts
- Health & Wellness, including free onsite gym access
- Adoption & Surrogacy Assistance
- Vacation and Unlimited Sick Time
- Holidays and Floating Holidays, including discretionary winter shutdown
- 401(K) Plan with Significant Company Match
- Tuition Reimbursement and Professional Development
- Commuting Assistance and free onsite parking
- Discounted Home and Auto Insurance
- Pet Insurance
Have we kindled your pioneering spirit?
For those who require assistance due to disability, or have questions prior to applying, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
*BioNTech does not differentiate on the basis of gender, race, religion, color, origin, sexual orientation, disability, age and other protected status as required by applicable law. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
BioNTech - As unique as you