Senior Research Associate, Computational Biology,
- BioNTech Careers
- Cambridge, Massachusetts
- Work experience
- Research, development, teaching
- Published: 2022-09-23
- published till: 2022-11-30
Senior Research Associate, Computational Biology
We are seeking a Senior Research Associate to join our Computational Biology team.
Here, you’ll achieve greatness.
- Optimization and execution of neo-antigen prediction pipelines, including the integration of proprietary deep learning-based algorithms
- Analysis of large in-house OMICs and mass spectrometry datasets to enable target discovery for oncology; improvement and maintenance of these data resources in collaboration with the proteomics and data engineering teams
- Support for interdisciplinary teams (computational biology, proteomics, biochemistry, and immunology) working on target discovery for cancer and on new mRNA vaccines for infectious disease
- Participation in an ongoing machine learning collaboration, including the design and curation of training data sets
- Development of data analysis automation and visualization tools for diverse projects, with an emphasis on analysis of patient immune responses for ongoing clinical trials
What you have to offer.
• Master’s degree in bioinformatics, biology, computer science, or a related field
• At least 2 years of experience with Python (preferred) or R and experience using GitHub to develop code collaboratively
• Experience working in Linux environment
• Strong communication and organizational skills
• Familiarity with statistical concepts (regression, p-values, etc.)
- Basic understanding of immunology and cancer
- Experience with database systems
- Experience with AWS, with a focus on HPC computing
Benefits for you.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life, AD&D, STD and LTD Insurance
- HSA & FSA Spending Accounts
- Health & Wellness, including free onsite gym access
- Adoption & Surrogacy Assistance
- Vacation and Unlimited Sick Time
- Holidays and Floating Holidays, including discretionary winter shutdown
- 401(K) Plan with Significant Company Match
- Tuition Reimbursement and Professional Development
- Commuting Assistance and subsidized onsite parking
- Discounted Home and Auto Insurance
- Pet Insurance
Have we kindled your pioneering spirit?
For those who require assistance due to disability, or have questions prior to applying, please email email@example.com.
*BioNTech does not differentiate on the basis of gender, race or ethnicity, religion, color, sexual orientation or identity, disability, age and other protected statuses as given by applicable law. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Most important – it’s a match!