Senior Research Associate / Associate Scientist, T Cell Immunology*
- Cambridge, MA
- Work experience
- Research, development, teaching
(Senior) Research Associate, T Cell Immunology*
Based in Cambridge, MA, BioNTech US serves as BioNTech’s North American headquarters and is an important part of our global effort to pioneer the development of next-generation immuno-oncology therapies. BioNTech US is a fully integrated subsidiary with a strong foundation in Europe and a focus on the development of novel neoantigen-targeted T cell therapies, complementing BioNTech’s highly innovative scientific approach and diversified pipeline of transformative cancer medicines. As a key research and clinical development hub, BioNTech US will enable BioNTech’s growing presence in the US.
BioNTech US is seeking a highly motivated Associate Scientist with the goal of developing next generation neoantigen specific T cell products to be used in adoptive T cell therapy for the treatment of patients with metastatic solid tumors. As part of a multi-disciplinary team, you will work closely with the departments of T Cell Immunology, Bioinformatics, Cancer Immunology and Molecular Immunology to develop and assess the efficacy of this approach. The ideal candidate will be versed in T cell biology and have a strong technical expertise in cell-based in vitro assays as well as molecular biology. This position reports to Senior Scientist, T cell Immunology.
Here, you’ll achieve greatness.
- Culturing of human T cells and cancer cell lines
- Genetic manipulation of immune cell cultures
- Planning and conducting CRISPR/Cas9 screens in vitro
- Designing and executing cell-based functional assays supporting genetic screens and follow up validation studies
- Performing molecular biology techniques, including PCR
- Assessment of specificity and functionality of human T cells by multicolor flow cytometry
- Tracking and compiling results in an electronic notebook
- Assisting with the training of lab personnel
- Interactions with internal collaborators or external CMOs
- Analyzing and interpreting data, and presenting results to other scientific teams and stakeholders
What you have to offer.
- MS in Immunology or related field with 2-5 years of work experience in immunotherapy or cell therapy.
- A strong interest in T cell biology and cancer immunotherapy
- Primary immune cell culture experience is required
- Knowledge and experience with genetic manipulation of cell cultures including CRISPR/Cas9 gene-editing tools is strongly preferred
- Demonstrated experience with flow cytometry and other immune related assays is required
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a collaborative environment to meet project goals
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Enjoys solving challenging scientific questions in a fast pace environment
- Independent, flexible, self-motivated, and the ability to work well with others
Benefits for you.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life, AD&D, STD and LTD Insurance
- HSA & FSA Spending Accounts
- Health & Wellness, including free onsite gym access
- Adoption & Surrogacy Assistance
- Vacation and Unlimited Sick Time
- Holidays and Floating Holidays, including discretionary winter shutdown
- 401(K) Plan with Significant Company Match
- Tuition Reimbursement and Professional Development
- Commuting Assistance and free onsite parking
- Discounted Home and Auto Insurance
- Pet Insurance
Have we kindled your pioneering spirit?
For those who require assistance due to disability, or have questions prior to applying, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
*BioNTech does not differentiate on the basis of gender, race, religion, color, origin, sexual orientation, disability, age and other protected status as required by applicable law. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
BioNTech - As unique as you