Senior Research Associate *
- Gaithersburg, Maryland
- Work experience
- Research, development, teaching
Senior Research Associate*
This position is based in Gaithersburg, MD at our newly formed clinical manufacturing site for BioNTech US. Together with the BioNTech US North American Headquarters in Cambridge, MA, both the Gaithersburg and Cambridge sites are an important part of our global effort to pioneer the development of next-generation immuno-oncology therapies that expects to experience significant growth in the near future. BioNTech US is a subsidiary of BioNTech SE with a strong foundation in Europe and a focus on the development of novel neoantigen-targeted T cell therapies, complementing BioNTech’s highly innovative scientific approach and diversified pipeline of transformative cancer medicines. As a key research and clinical development hub, BioNTech US will enable BioNTech’s growing presence in the US.
Position is located in Gaithersburg, Maryland
We are seeking a highly motivated Senior Research Associate to join the Flow Cytometry team. The successful candidate will participate in developing, implementing and applying state of the art Flow Cytometry technologies to provide service for a cross-functional team made up of immunologists, biochemists, molecular biologist and computational biologists whose goal is to design novel immunotherapies.
Here, you’ll achieve greatness.
- Assisting in the operation of the flow core facility, including daily and monthly maintenance of the flow cytometers and calibrating and identifying equipment malfunctions to insure high quality operation
- Maintaining flow core facility operations including optimizing SOPs for procedures and protocols, updating inventory of flow reagents, ordering lab supplies
- Providing support for R&D teams by performing fluorescence activated cell sorting, training users in the operation of flow analyzers and flow analysis, designing and optimizing panels, titrating antibodies, and troubleshooting and contacting flow services as needed
- Maintaining a high standard of record keeping and archiving flow data regularly
- Collaborating with both internal research teams and external groups to advance translational immunology capabilities
- Working productively in a team environment and independently delivering for timelines
What you have to offer.
- Minimum requirements; Bachelors or Master Degree in Immunology or related field with in-depth knowledge of immunology and flow cytometry, and 3 plus years of relevant research experience in academic or industry setting.
- Experience in working with clinical patient material is desired
- Demonstrated experience in multi-color flow cytometry, and prior experience with fluorescent activated cell sorting is required
Benefits for you.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life, AD&D, STD and LTD Insurance
- HSA & FSA Spending Accounts
- Health & Wellness, including free onsite gym access
- Adoption & Surrogacy Assistance
- Vacation and Unlimited Sick Time
- Holidays and Floating Holidays, including discretionary winter shutdown
- 401(K) Plan with Significant Company Match
- Tuition Reimbursement and Professional Development
- Commuting Assistance and free onsite parking
- Discounted Home and Auto Insurance
- Pet Insurance
Have we kindled your pioneering spirit?
For those who require assistance due to disability, or have questions prior to applying, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
*BioNTech does not differentiate on the basis of gender, race or ethnicity, religion, color, sexual orientation or identity, disability, age and other protected statuses as given by applicable law. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Most important – it’s a match!