Everyone can achieve great things at BioNTech! We develop revolutionary approaches in the fight against cancer and other diseases. BioNTech wants to become the world’s leading biotechnology company for individualized cancer medicine. Over 1000 dedicated, passionate pioneers achieve sensational success and promising breakthroughs time and again by forging new paths – and ensure people all around the world have hope for the future. You too can become a pioneer!
Senior Project Manager*
Infectious Disease & Clinical Development
Here, you’ll achieve greatness.At BioNTech, you will be responsible for our clinical projects especially at early development stages (R&D phase, preparation of clinical trials and phase I/II clinical trials). Additionally, you will be the line manager for ca. 5 project managers. Your duties in detail:
- Leading, guiding and coaching the infectious disease project managers with their projects and in their responsibilities to lead their projects in a matrix environment
- Report to the head of project management as your line manager as well as to the upper management for the progress of the projects within your team
- Oversee the progress of the project managers in your team. Help them reach their full potential personally as well as professionally
- Overall responsibility of the projects managed in your team, i.e. supporting the project managers with coordination and monitoring of project progress especially focusing on clinical projects at early development stages
- Coordination of the interfaces between the operative clinical team and other relevant functions such as strategic clinical development, biomarker, CMC, preclinical
- Establish communication structures as well as guiding the flow of communication between interdisciplinary and international teams
- Report to management and communication with our partners and relevant governmental agencies
What you have to offer.
- A track record in the field of infectious diseases is mandatory (experience in the focus areas influenza, retroviruses and/or tuberculosis are beneficial)
- Professional experience in the pharmaceutical industry or biotechnology or experience with the regulatory requirements/operational procedures of clinical studies are highly beneficial
- Documented experience in managing clinical trials is beneficial
- Experience with line management is beneficial
- PhD in natural sciences, favorably in the field of infectious diseases (e.g. medicine, human biology, biology, biochemistry or the like) is advantagoeus
- Excellent, targeted communication in teams and experience in leading teams in a matrix environment
Benefits for you.
Have we kindled your pioneering spirit?Then apply now for our location Mainz and simply send us your application documents using our online form.
If you have any further questions, Friederike Mangelsen will be happy to answer them on + 49 (0) 6131-9084-1291 (monday-friday, from 12 noon).
*BioNTech does not differentiate on the basis of gender, race, religion, color, origin, sexual orientation, disability, age and other protected status as required by applicable law. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
BioNTech - As unique as you