Senior Project Engineer - Facilities
- Gaithersburg, Maryland
- Work experience
- Production, manufacturing
Senior Project Engineer - Facilities*
BioNTech is a Germany-based biotechnology company with U.S. offices in Cambridge, MA and Gaithersburg, MD, that focuses on developing cancer therapeutics, including individualized immunotherapy, as well as vaccines for infectious diseases, including COVID-19. The company's oncology pipeline contains several classes of drugs, including mRNA-based drugs to encode antigens, neoantigens, cytokines, and antibodies; cell therapies; bispecific antibodies; and small-molecule immunomodulators. BioNTech is partnered with several large pharmaceutical companies, including Roche, Eli Lilly, Pfizer, Sanofi, and Genmab. Comirnaty (COVID-19 vaccine) is its first commercialized product.
We are seeking a highly motivated Senior Project Engineer - Facilities to support our Gaithersburg, MD site, who will be responsible for successful strategic project delivery using appropriate project management tools and methodologies, risk identification and management, stakeholder management and communications, effective project team management, governance, prioritization, resource & cost planning, and monthly reporting for assigned projects. Manage the Site Master Plan and Capital Project Portfolio; ensuring that budgets and schedules are realistically set and attained, promote implementation of strong governance, best practices, and successful delivery from design to handover to end user and project closeout.
Here, you’ll achieve greatness.
- Interfaces with operations Program Management Office (PMO) to assure alignment between corporate and site governance systems and processes.
- Deliver successfully large, complex, and strategic projects across multiple functions, prioritizing appropriately to ensure successful delivery of the business goals.
- Manages and delivers strategic projects utilizing the project management methodology, tools, and processes, to meet agreed scopes, timelines, deliverables, budgets, resource estimates, and success criteria.
- Manages project budgets, expenses, and resources to meet estimates and commitments
- Leads cross functional project teams to deliver successful projects.
- Interfaces with site heads, functional heads, Site Leadership Teams (SLTs) and other key stakeholders to assure continuous alignment between corporate and site priorities.
- Responsible for all in engineering document supporting each project initiation, implementation and close out phase, such as but limited to: Project execution plan, BOD, Details design drawing, P&ID, schematics, TOP’s, cost report, capital appropriation request, etc.
What you have to offer.
- Experience with utilities, engineering, maintenance, computerized systems, and validation activities in a GMP environment
- Experience with Computerized Maintenance Management Systems and Building Management System.
- Experience work on mechanical, electrical, HVAC, boilers, water systems and compressed gases
- Understand of quality systems; Change Control, Deviations, CAPA’s, and Audits activities.
- Skilled at creating and delivering presentations
- Working knowledge of project management software
- Able to work after hours and on call as needed, weekend shift support and shutdowns
- Demonstrated track record of success in delivering strategic, complex, cross functional
- and multisite projects on time, on budget and to committed deliverables to generate significant business value
- Demonstrates ability to manage projects within diverse environments and may be consulted on other projects in the portfolio.
Benefits for you.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life, AD&D, STD and LTD Insurance
- HRA & FSA Spending Accounts
- Health & Wellness, including free onsite gym access
- Adoption & Surrogacy Assistance
- Vacation and Unlimited Sick Time
- Holidays and Floating Holidays, including discretionary winter shutdown
- 401(K) Plan with Significant Company Match
- Tuition Reimbursement and Professional Development
- Commuting Assistance and free onsite parking
- Discounted Home and Auto Insurance
- Pet Insurance
Have we kindled your pioneering spirit?
For those who require assistance due to disability, or have questions prior to applying, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
*BioNTech does not differentiate on the basis of gender, race or ethnicity, religion, color, sexual orientation or identity, disability, age and other protected statuses as given by applicable law. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Most important – it’s a match!