(Senior) Patent Counsel*
- Work experience
- Research, development, teaching
Become a member of the BioNTech Family!
We aim to achieve life-changing successes for patients by being innovative, passionate and united,so get in touch with us if you are looking to be a part of creating hope for a healthy future in many people´s lives.
(Senior) Patent Counsel*
- Strategically manage European Union and global intellectual property portfolio for both in-licensed and solely-owned IP to maximize value and utility of BioNTech assets, and work closely with internal Intelletual property (IP) colleagues on various projects as appropriate, R&D, Commercial and Business Development teams to identify key inventions, strategic IP acquisition, and life cycle management opportunities
- Assist with preparing and prosecuting BioNTech's global patent estate, and coordinating with external counsel as needed
- Manage outside counsel and corresponding budget for worldwide prosecution of patent and trademark applications, conduct patentability and freedom to operate assessments and other legal opinions and risk assessments
- Analyzing search results and communicating the results and mitigation strategies to senior members of the Legal and IP department and other company senior management personnel
- Provide independent support for due diligence, strategic collaborations, licensing agreements and other business development or contracting needs
- Manage and support IP disputes or litigation and oppositions as needed
- Develop a thorough understanding of BioNTech‘s current and planned business activities, programs, competitors, and markets and keep abreast of developing legal trends, laws and regulations
- Educate and advise senior management, marketing, project teams and scientists on project team strategy and, advance general IP or patent awareness
- Review publications, presentations, press releases and other materials for clearance
What you have to offer.
- Scientific degree in a relevant science (Immunology highly preferred)
- Fully qualified European Patent Attorney with profound and extensive relevant IP experience in the biopharmaceutical industry, with preferred significant in-house or combined in-house and patent law firm experience
- Experience in biologics and managing products through development, marketing approval and post-approval preferred
- Practical problem solver with ability to make data informed decisions, confidence in making difficult decisions independently, and demonstrated capabilities in establishing business practices to manage legal and other risks
- Exceptionally strong communicator, supportive interpersonal team player, talented at collaborating cross-functionally to communicate complex information to senior management and contribute positively to BioNTEch‘s culture
Benefits for you.
- Company Pension Scheme
- Company Bike
- Leave Account
- Fitness Courses
- Mobile Office
- Special Vacation
Have we kindled your pioneering spirit?
If you have any further questions, Andy Wingstrom will be happy to answer them on + 49 (0) 6131-9084-1291 (monday-friday, from 12 noon).
*BioNTech does not differentiate on the basis of gender, race, religion, color, origin, sexual orientation, disability, age and other protected status as required by applicable law. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
BioNTech - As unique as you