Senior Manager* Automation
- BioNTech Careers
- Manager First Level
- Production, manufacturing
Become a member of the BioNTech Family!
We aim to reduce the suffering of people with life-changing therapies by harnessing the potential of the immune system to develop novel therapies against cancer and infectious diseases. While doing so, we are guided by our three company values: united, innovative, passionate. Get in touch with us if you are looking to be a part of creating hope for a healthy future in many people's lives.
Senior Manager* Automation
team. The site engineering is in charge to host and execute the local repair, maintenance,
calibration, qualification and automation.
The site engineering team ensures equipment availability in GMP compliant manner. The
mRNA manufacturing suites and its periphery are automated (PCS 7 SIEMENS for Process, BMS, EMS, MES) and host standard biotech unit operations (AHUs, Bioreactors,
TFF, Filtration skids, etc. pp.)
Your main responsibilities are:
- Responsible to lead a team of automation engineers from service providers
- System Owner for automation infrastructure (SIEMENS PCS 7) to operate process
- equipment, EMS, BMS, MES and interfaces to periphery (e.g. OSI Pi data historian,
- SAP ERP)
- Ensure automation infrastructure availability according to cGMP guidelines
- Build and grow the automation team on site
What you have to offer.
- Completed academic degree (B.Sc./M Sc.) with major in process engineering, mechanical engineering, or biotechnology
- At least 3-5 years of engineering experience in the pharmaceutical industry
- English fluent spoken and written
- High degree of process automation know-how for basic technical process operations
- Extensive automation knowledge and professional experience required
- SIEMENS PCS7 Know-how is a must (also other SIEMENS systems area required, e.g. WinCC, TIA etc.)
- Very good planning and organizational skills
- Ability to work without supervision and to demonstrate job ownership
- Pronounced team and communication skills
- Analytical and concept-based thinking and acting
- GMP-related experience is a must
- Strong industry network to equipment vendors etc.
Benefits for you.
How to apply.
- Only applications sent via our online form shall be considered.
- Only Candidates with the right qualifications and relevant experience shall be shortlisted and
- Incomplete applications shall be rejected.
- BioNTech will run a background check during the hiring process (criminal record certificate) in case you do not provide one.
We are looking forward receiving your application.
*BioNTech does not differentiate on the basis of gender, race or ethnicity, religion, color, sexual orientation or identity, disability, age and other protected statuses as given by applicable law. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Most important – it’s a match!