Senior Director* R&D Program Management
Become a member of the BioNTech Family!
We aim to reduce the suffering of people with life-changing therapies by harnessing the potential of the immune system to develop novel therapies against cancer and infectious diseases. While doing so, we are guided by our three company values: united, innovative, passionate. Get in touch with us if you are looking to be a part of creating hope for a healthy future in many people's lives.
Senior Director* R&D Program Management
In the function as Senior Director* within the Research & Development Program Management team you will be responsible for strategic set-up, integration and oversight of multiple global R&D programs. You will be of the Program Management Leadership Team building a best-in-class Program Management team to deliver on BioNTech´s commitment to bring our science to survival.
Your main responsibilities are:
- Ensure global oversight and integration of multiple research projects and development programs including streamlining of daily operations, prioritization, risk/opportunity management and issue resolution
- Proactively identify and escalate opportunities and risks which require overarching pipeline- or organization-level action
- Partner with leading roles in other functions to ensure progression of projects and programs by efficiently managing cross-functional/organizational relationships required to execute plans
- Consolidate and share knowledge, best practices, and learnings across program teams and different technology platforms and beyond
- Integrate research and development strategies and operational execution across corresponding projects and programs to ensure delivery of corporate R&D goals
- Provide strategic and operational guidance to Program Managers and development teams
- Mentor, develop, and retain talent within the R&D Program Management team
- Partner, advise and support individual Project and Program Managers to prepare effectively for key strategic decision point discussions and senior leadership and governance interactions
- Strategic and operational contribution to organization-wide implementation of program management and drug development structures that allow for knowledge transfer within and across several BioNTech platform technologies and swift and seamless translation and clinical development of product opportunities
- Act as change agent for continuous improvement and transformational initiatives
What you have to offer.
- Advanced degree in natural/life sciences, medicine, or a comparable field
- Demonstrated track record of extensive professional experience in managing drug development programs in the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry
- Excellent expertise in the drug development process of pharmaceuticals
- Profound therapeutic knowledge in the areas of immuno-oncology or infectious diseases
- Excellent, targeted communication skills
- Excellent, documented leadership skills including situational leadership
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to influence without authority, motivate with enthusiasm and develop productive working relationships with key stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to build and lead global matrix teams, knowing how to work both at the strategic and operational level and when to delve deeper
- Process-oriented and able to create and drive process while also recognizing when flexibility is needed
- Proven track-record in implementing or supporting system/process improvements and change initiatives
- Ability to lead the development of critical path analyses and scenario planning
Benefits for you.
- Company Pension Scheme
- Company Bike
- Leave Account
- Fitness Courses
- Mobile Office
- Special Vacation
Have we kindled your pioneering spirit?
If you have any further questions, our Talent Acquisition Team will be happy to answer them on + 49 (0) 6131-9084-1291 (monday-friday, from 12 noon to 4 pm).
Job-ID 4699 (please indicate for inquiries)
We look forward to your application!
*BioNTech does not differentiate on the basis of gender, race or ethnicity, religion, color, sexual orientation or identity, disability, age and other protected statuses as given by applicable law. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Most important – it’s a match!
BioNTech - As unique as you