Senior Director R&D Platforms
Senior Director, R&D Platforms*
Based in Cambridge, MA, BioNTech US serves as BioNTech’s North American headquarters and is an important part of our global effort to pioneer the development of next-generation immuno-oncology therapies. BioNTech US is a fully integrated subsidiary with a strong foundation in Europe and a focus on the development of novel neoantigen-targeted T cell therapies, complementing BioNTech’s highly innovative scientific approach and diversified pipeline of transformative cancer medicines. As a key research and clinical development hub, BioNTech US will enable BioNTech’s growing presence in the US.
Senior Director R&D Platforms
In this Senior Director role, you will:
Lead the R&D Platforms team to deliver end-to-end projects and services for all defined R&D platform solutions.
Shape the roadmap for platform systems, tools, and processes in close partnership with the dedicated R&D Digital, Data and Informatics leadership team in order to support and drive the overall Digital, Data and Informatics strategy.
Prioritize portfolio according to needs of R&D functions and supports initiation of promising projects, always in full transparency alignment with overarching R&D Digital, Data and Informatics portfolio.
- Accountability to design, implement and actively manage and maintain Centers for Platforms (Spotfire, Tableau, Informatica, Anzo, Apex Etc.) to provide visualization, integration, and collaboration services (e.g. for trial oversight and trial conduction)
- Accountability for the creation of a highly specialized technical team, dedicated to provide services to the R&D functions to better consume date or increase collaboration
- Accountability to establish processes and alignment with all R&D functions for demand creation and prioritization, by using the enterprise tech stack for R&D
- Management of process- and knowledge-based R&D demand and together with the served function(s) creates and continuously updates the R&D platforms roadmap
- Introduction of Platform projects in the portfolio mgmt. process to align with overarching R&D and IT technology strategies
What you have to offer.
- Graduate degree in a scientific discipline (e.g. computer science, engineering, natural sciences, pharmacy, and/or business administration) or related work experience in the biotechnology/pharmaceutical industry
- At least 8 years of professional experience in a biotechnology/pharmaceutical company or service provider, thereof at least 5 years in delivering IT services
- Extensive experience in providing and maintain IT platform solutions and services
- Extensive experience in data and system lifecycle management
- Excellent knowledge of current Platform technologies and related service delivery
- Excellent data management background
- Excellent pharma Data/IT background and knowledge of the pharmaceutical market
- Trained in business support and administration
- Trained in project management methods and standards
- Extensive experience with managing (software) vendors and external service providers
- Demonstrated experience in managing system administration support
- Extensive experience in managing R&D business and/or digital/technology projects (incl. methods, standards and documentation)
- Extensive experience in managing teams
- Extensive experience in qualification and validation activities of IT solutions
- Demonstrated experience in data infrastructure solution design and management
Benefits for you.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life, AD&D, STD and LTD Insurance
- HSA & FSA Spending Accounts
- Health & Wellness, including free onsite gym access
- Adoption & Surrogacy Assistance
- Vacation and Unlimited Sick Time
- Holidays and Floating Holidays, including discretionary winter shutdown
- 401(K) Plan with Significant Company Match
- Tuition Reimbursement and Professional Development
- Commuting Assistance and free onsite parking
- Discounted Home and Auto Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- And more!
Have we kindled your pioneering spirit?
If you have any further questions, our Talent Acquisition Team will be happy to answer them on + 49 (0) 6131-9084-1291 (monday-friday, from 12 noon to 4 pm).
Job-ID 5215 (please indicate for inquiries)
We look forward to your application!
*BioNTech does not differentiate on the basis of gender, race or ethnicity, religion, color, sexual orientation or identity, disability, age and other protected statuses as given by applicable law. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Most important – it’s a match!
BioNTech - As unique as you