(Senior) Director, Capital Markets & Investor Relations*
- Cambridge, MA
- Work experience
- Commercial professions (other)
- Finance, Controlling
(Senior) Director, Capital Markets & Investor Relations*
Based in Cambridge, MA, BioNTech US serves as BioNTech’s North American headquarters and is an important part of our global effort to pioneer the development of next-generation immuno-oncology therapies. BioNTech US is a fully integrated subsidiary with a strong foundation in Europe and a focus on the development of novel neoantigen-targeted T cell therapies, complementing BioNTech’s highly innovative scientific approach and diversified pipeline of transformative cancer medicines. As a key research and clinical development hub, BioNTech US will enable BioNTech’s growing presence in the US.
As a part of our team of more than 1.500 pioneers, you will play a key role in developing solutions for some of the most crucial scientific challenges of our age: Amongst multiple programs in the pipeline, we are conducting research on a Covid-19 vaccine in our project “Lightspeed” based on our mRNA-technologies. Furthermore, we are pioneers in the development of individualized cancer therapies and in the combat against other diseases.
We aim to achieve life-changing successes for patients by being innovative, passionate and united,so get in touch with us if you are looking to be a part of creating hope for a healthy future in many people's lives.
The Director/Senior Director, Capital Markets & Investor Relations will be responsible for ensuring BioNTech is strategically positioned with external stakeholders in the US. Reporting to the Chief Strategy Officer, the Capital Markets Leader will be responsible for contributing to the development and execution of BioNTech’s capital markets strategy and serve as a key point of contact for investors and research analysts. Preferred candidates will have a scientific background and bring significant experience in a public company and/or in capital markets, along with extensive financial analysis skills. Additionally, the Capital Markets Leader will have exceptional communication, interpersonal and influencing skills, and be especially capable in managing relationships (internally and externally).
Here, you’ll achieve greatness.
- Develop a strong BioNTech reputation and brand in the US for members of the financial community and other external stakeholders
- Develop presentations, analyses and supporting materials to help articulate the company’s vision and strategy
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with research analysts, investors and other relevant stakeholders
- Secure and execute BioNTech’s participation in events for the financial and business community such as IR roadshops, R&D days, US biotech, science or local business community events
- Build strong collaboration with IR and External communications employees at BioNTech’s HQ in Germany to ensure a streamlined and integrated strategy for IR & External Communications
- Provide insights on market activity and ensure reporting to BioNTech‘s leadership team, the Board of Directors and other employees working in BioNTech communication roles
- Analyze and present market and financial trends identify shareholder issues, and other issues that may impact the business
- Conduct financial modeling and valuation of biotech and pharma companies
- Build and maintain models for use in both company-specific and industry-wide research reports on valuation, competitive dynamics, catalyst event impact, and corporate development
- Conduct pipeline valuation & asset allocation analysis
- Work with legal counsel to ensure compliance on all regulatory matters
- Help to oversee the process for preparation and publication of the company’s financial reports (i.e., annual and interim reports, including the process for quarterly earnings and conference calls)
What you have to offer.
- Masters level degree or above plus 8+ years‘ of experience working in the biotech/financial/healthcare/pharmaceutical industry with a business focus
- Scientific degree required; PhD or M.D. preferred
- Significant US public company experience required; International experience a plus
- Capital Markets background in Investment Banking/Wall Street with “buy-side” experience advantageous
- Understanding of macroeconomics, capital markets, key metrics for companies in the biotech and pharma industry, and of analyst modelling and valuation drivers
- Deep knowledge of SEC laws and securities disclosure requirements, as well as filing requirements
- Ability to act with confidence to become a trusted partner and advisor to senior executives as well as to form strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders globally
- A team player with strong interpersonal and organizational skills who can work both independently and collaboratively, often to tight deadlines, in a high-pressure multi-cultural environment
- Highly motivated with a strong work ethic and flexible attitude to getting the job done
- An articulate communicator with strong written and spoken English language skills
Benefits for you.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life, AD&D, STD and LTD Insurance
- HSA & FSA Spending Accounts
- Health & Wellness, including free onsite gym access
- Adoption & Surrogacy Assistance
- Vacation and Unlimited Sick Time
- Holidays and Floating Holidays, including discretionary winter shutdown
- 401(K) Plan with Significant Company Match
- Tuition Reimbursement and Professional Development
- Commuting Assistance and free onsite parking
- Discounted Home and Auto Insurance
- Pet Insurance
Have we kindled your pioneering spirit?
For those who require assistance due to disability, or have questions prior to applying, please email email@example.com.
*BioNTech does not differentiate on the basis of gender, race, religion, color, origin, sexual orientation, disability, age and other protected status as required by applicable law. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
BioNTech - As unique as you