Senior Bioinformatics Engineer*
- Cambridge, Massachusetts
- Work experience
- Research, development, teaching
Senior Bioinformatics Engineer*
Based in Cambridge, MA, BioNTech US serves as BioNTech’s North American headquarters and is an important part of our global effort to pioneer the development of next-generation immuno-oncology therapies. BioNTech US is a fully integrated subsidiary with a strong foundation in Europe and a focus on the development of novel neoantigen-targeted T cell therapies, complementing BioNTech’s highly innovative scientific approach and diversified pipeline of transformative cancer medicines. As a key research and clinical development hub, BioNTech US will enable BioNTech’s growing presence in the US.
We are seeking an exceptional Bioinformatics engineering professional to join our rapidly expanding team. The senior Bioinformatics engineer will play a pivot role in shaping the data infrastructure to support the next phase of BioNTech growth into a global pharma behemoth.
Here, you’ll achieve greatness.
- Leverage the cloud engineering expertise into building the cloud-based data infrastructure to facilitate the growth of BioNTech into global pharma giant;
- Contribute the advanced pipeline and software integration expertise to integrate & improve the bioinformatics pipelines (Recon & TCR) hosted on our own AWS and on Seven Bridges platform;
- Develop and integrate the data pipelines around loading pipeline output into Oracle DB, and generate assay peptides for T Cell product characterization, and Immune monitoring;
- Leverage the deep python, pipelining & AWS expertise to identify, architect, develop and promote automation projects in bioinformatics and other groups;
- Participate in the frontend development using web framework like Python Django or R Shiny;
- Provide Cloud sysadmin support to Comp Bio and other groups;
- Supervise the offshore LIMS DEV team interfacing the peptide chemistry group; load and monitor custom Java plugins developed by offshore team in IDE;
- Play a key role in understanding user requirements, implementing systems and authoring procedures related to system use.
- Identify new technologies, concepts, and methodologies to address complex and evolving needs of study teams and other data consumers.
What you have to offer.
- Minimum requirements;
- M.S. or Ph.D. in bioinformatics, computer science, data science, computer engineering or a related discipline with 3 plus years of industry software / database development experience.
- Advanced knowledge and experience in developing bioinformatics pipelines in cloud environment.
- Knowledge and experience with docker; restful web services;
- Advanced experience and knowledge on relational data model and database development.
- Strong written and verbal skills; ability to translate and communicate complex information and concepts for scientists of diverse backgrounds
- Positive and collaborative attitude; ability to work effectively with internal and external collaborators and multidisciplinary teams composed of scientists and engineers;
- Capacity to prioritize and work independently to complete tasks and advance projects with minimal supervision.
- Creative and innovative thinking; track record of thought leadership.
- Attention to details.
Benefits for you.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life, AD&D, STD and LTD Insurance
- HSA & FSA Spending Accounts
- Health & Wellness, including free onsite gym access
- Adoption & Surrogacy Assistance
- Vacation and Unlimited Sick Time
- Holidays and Floating Holidays, including discretionary winter shutdown
- 401(K) Plan with Significant Company Match
- Tuition Reimbursement and Professional Development
- Commuting Assistance and free onsite parking
- Discounted Home and Auto Insurance
- Pet Insurance
Have we kindled your pioneering spirit?
For those who require assistance due to disability, or have questions prior to applying, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
*BioNTech does not differentiate on the basis of gender, race or ethnicity, religion, color, sexual orientation or identity, disability, age and other protected statuses as given by applicable law. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Most important – it’s a match!