Senior Bioinformatics Engineer*
Based in Cambridge, MA, BioNTech US serves as BioNTech’s North American headquarters and is an important part of our global effort to pioneer the development of next-generation immuno-oncology therapies that expects to experience significant growth in the near future. BioNTech US is a subsidiary of BioNTech SE with a strong foundation in Europe and a focus on the development of novel neoantigen-targeted T cell therapies, complementing BioNTech’s highly innovative scientific approach and diversified pipeline of transformative cancer medicines. As a key research and clinical development hub, BioNTech US will enable BioNTech’s growing presence in the US.
BioNTech's strategy is to establish and leverage the building blocks of immunotherapy:
- Our technology platforms and clinical pipeline are based on 20 years of research and development expertise.
- Fully integrated biotech company spanning research through clinical development and manufacturing.
- Unique, differentiated licensing, co-development and co-commercialization agreements make BioNTech a development partner on a level playing field.
BioNTech's corporate values represent what we consider to be important and what we would like to stand for as a company. They serve as a practical orientation and shape our corporate identity.
BioNTech stands for visionary thinking and pioneering spirit – with our work we want to revolutionize cancer immunotherapy.
Innovation and new ways of thinking in all areas of work therefore are the cornerstones of our success.
Passion and enthusiasm guide our daily work and everything we do.
Teamwork is the basis to achieve our ambitious goals successfully, together – with our employees as well as in interactions with our partners.
We are seeking an exceptional Bioinformatics engineering professional to join our rapidly expanding team. The senior Bioinformatics engineer will play a pivot role in shaping the software and cloud infrastructure to support the next phase of BioNTech growth into a global pharma behemoth.
The areas of responsibilities will include
- Put DevOps project into prod use and advocate and develop the good DevOps practices across the company;
- Manage R Connect platform and environment so that multiple Shiny app developers can work and collaborate. The list of Shiny developers will ever increase, including colleagues at other sites;
- Extend Shiny apps to other sites of BioNTech, through LDAP and VPN;
- Extend Recon shiny apps to make use of parallel computing / multithreading / containers;
- Help colleagues at other sites of BioNTech with their landing zone project to revamp their bioinformatics pipelines into Cloud;
- Lead the shiny projects that are flooding into Bioinformatics Engineering Group, including apps to support multi-center studies and assay data capturing, processing, automation and visualization;
- Identify, architect, develop and promote automation projects in bioinformatics and other groups;
- Manage the offshore LIMS DEV team interfacing the peptide chemistry group; load and monitor custom Java plugins developed by offshore team in Visual Studio;
- Play a key role in understanding user requirements, implementing systems and authoring procedures related to system use.
- Identify new technologies, concepts, and methodologies to address complex and evolving needs of study teams and other data consumers.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- B.S. or M.S. in bioinformatics, computer science, data science, computer engineering or a related discipline with 3+ years of industry software / database development experience;
- Experience and knowledge on relational data model and database development;
- Strong written and verbal skills; ability to translate and communicate complex information and concepts for scientists of diverse backgrounds
- Positive and collaborative attitude; ability to work effectively with internal and external collaborators and multidisciplinary teams composed of scientists and engineers;
- Capacity to prioritize and work independently to complete tasks and advance projects with minimal supervision;
- Creative and innovative thinking; track record of thought leadership;
- Attention to details.
What we offer
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life, AD&D, STD and LTD Insurance
- HSA & FSA Spending Accounts
- Health & Wellness, including free onsite gym access
- Adoption & Surrogacy Assistance
- Vacation and Unlimited Sick Time
- Holidays and Floating Holidays, including discretionary winter shutdown
- 401(K) Plan with Significant Company Match
- Tuition Reimbursement and Professional Development
- Commuting Assistance and free onsite parking
- Discounted Home and Auto Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- And more!
To Apply, EEO and BioNTech Websites
*BioNTech does not differentiate on the basis of gender, race, religion, color, origin, sexual orientation, disability, age and other protected status as required by applicable law. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
BioNTech - As unique as you