(Sen) Director* – Development Review Committee Secretary
Become a member of the BioNTech Family!
We aim to reduce the suffering of people with life-changing therapies by harnessing the potential of the immune system to develop novel therapies against cancer and infectious diseases. While doing so, we are guided by our three company values: united, innovative, passionate. Get in touch with us if you are looking to be a part of creating hope for a healthy future in many people's lives.
The (Senior) Director* - Development Review Committee/ Clinical Excellence
This role serves to support and navigate the respective drug development program teams through the process, acting both as their sparring partner, coach as well as senior advisor. Works very closely with the program teams, esp the clinical leads, in the strategic oriented generation of development pathways and respective scenarios.
This role rolls-up its sleeves to work with the teams on their specific documents and proposals, reviews them, gives feedback; acts as “devil’s advocate” to help them optimally prepare; and also helps to triage that well prepared strategic documents are brought forward for review and approval.
This role contributes to pushing the boundaries for how we are strategizing, planning and driving our programs / studies and their development pathways, by striving for clinical excellence, and collaborates very closely both with senior management as well as program teams to find accelerated approaches and solutions.
Your main responsibilities include:
- Review key documents and give critical, supportive feedback, so the teams can optimally prepare their documents and proposals
- Drives knowledge/ access and application of standards and templates, such as CDP blueprint, to significantly contribute to the quality of the prepared documents and their respective review/ approval by senior management.
- Strives for continuous improvement of these standards, demonstrating an outcome-oriented and flexible mindset, coordinating adaptions where relevant.
- Supports senior management by facilitating strategic and decision making meetings, ensuring documentation and follow up on action items. Sets the agenda of those meetings and ensure effective meeting conduct.
- Acts as a senior coach and sparring partner for the program teams especially the clinical leads; strives to make them successful
What you have to offer.
- Medical Degree strongly preferred, or: University degree (M.Sc.) in natural sciences, pharmacy or similar; PhD a plus
- Demonstrated experience (>10 years) in the pharmaceutical/ biotech industry, esp. in the field of drug development
- Hands on experience with all phases of drug development, including registration and launches strongly preferred
- Several years (>5) of experience as a member of clinical teams/ study teams/ clinical teams with accountabilities in designing development pathways
- Several years (>5) of experience in preparing/ supporting/ steering key drug development documents such as integrated development plans (IDPs), Clinical Development Plans (CDPs) and similar
- Ability to strategize in the area of drug development, think in scenarios and structure the path towards decision making for them.
Benefits for you.
- Company Pension Scheme
- Company Bike
- Leave Account
- Fitness Courses
- Mobile Office
- Special Vacation
Have we kindled your pioneering spirit?
If you have any further questions, our Talent Acquisition Team will be happy to answer them on + 49 (0) 6131-9084-1291 (monday-friday, from 12 noon to 4 pm).
Job-ID 5372 (please indicate for inquiries)
We look forward to your application!
*BioNTech does not differentiate on the basis of gender, race or ethnicity, religion, color, sexual orientation or identity, disability, age and other protected statuses as given by applicable law. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Most important – it’s a match!
BioNTech - As unique as you