Scientist, T Cell Immunology
- Cambridge, Massachusetts
- Work experience
- Research, development, teaching
Scientist, T Cell Immunology
Based in Cambridge, MA, BioNTech US serves as BioNTech’s North American headquarters and is an important part of our global effort to pioneer the development of next-generation immuno-oncology therapies. BioNTech US is a fully integrated subsidiary with a strong foundation in Europe and a focus on the development of novel neoantigen-targeted T cell therapies, complementing BioNTech’s highly innovative scientific approach and diversified pipeline of transformative cancer medicines. As a key research and clinical development hub, BioNTech US will enable BioNTech’s growing presence in the US.
We are looking for a highly motivated Scientist to develop and improve next generation T cell therapies for the treatment of solid tumors. In this role you will focus on establishing complex immune cell-based assays and use CRISPR technology and next-generation sequencing to advance our knowledge in understanding T cell dysfunction in suppressive tumor microenvironment. As part of a multi-disciplinary team, you will work closely with other departments of Cell Therapy Unit and with Computational Biology to identify novel T cell targets for modulation to improve persistence and functionality of cell therapies across BioNTech’s portfolio. A critical part of this role is to support the strategic thinking of how such approach will be implemented in our next generation cell therapies. This position reports to Senior Scientist, T cell Immunology.
Here, you’ll achieve greatness.
• Culturing primary human T cells and cancer cell lines
• Performing genetic manipulation of immune cell cultures
• Designing and executing complex cell-based functional assays that support genetic screens and follow up validation studies
• Planning and conducting CRISPR/Cas9 screens in vitro
• Performing molecular biology techniques, including PCR and NGS
• Assessing specificity and functionality of human T cells by multicolor flow cytometry
• Tracking and compiling results in an electronic notebook • Interacting with internal collaborators, consultants or external CMOs
• Analyzing and interpreting data, and presenting results to other scientific teams and stakeholders • You’re expected to coach and support junior scientists on the team to broadly move the project forward
What you have to offer.
• PhD in Immunology or related field with 2-5 years of work experience, preferably in immunotherapy or cell therapy fields.
• A strong interest in T cell biology and cancer immunotherapy
• Primary immune cell culture experience is required
• Demonstrated experience with flow cytometry and other immune related assays is required
• Knowledge and experience with genetic manipulation of cell cultures including CRISPR/Cas9 gene-editing tools is preferred
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively to meet project goals
• Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills • Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Enjoys solving challenging scientific questions in a fast-paced environment
Benefits for you.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life, AD&D, STD and LTD Insurance
- HSA & FSA Spending Accounts
- Health & Wellness, including free onsite gym access
- Adoption & Surrogacy Assistance
- Vacation and Unlimited Sick Time
- Holidays and Floating Holidays, including discretionary winter shutdown
- 401(K) Plan with Significant Company Match
- Tuition Reimbursement and Professional Development
- Commuting Assistance and subsidized parking
- Discounted Home and Auto Insurance
- Pet Insurance
Have we kindled your pioneering spirit?
For those who require assistance due to disability, or have questions prior to applying, please email email@example.com.
*BioNTech does not differentiate on the basis of gender, race or ethnicity, religion, color, sexual orientation or identity, disability, age and other protected statuses as given by applicable law. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Most important – it’s a match!