Scientist, T Cell Assays
- Gaithersburg, Maryland
- Work experience
- Research, development, teaching
Scientist, T Cell Assays
BioNTech is a Germany-based biotechnology company with U.S. offices in Cambridge, MA and Gaithersburg, MD, that focuses on developing cancer therapeutics, including individualized immunotherapy, as well as vaccines for infectious diseases, including COVID-19. The company's oncology pipeline contains several classes of drugs, including mRNA-based drugs to encode antigens, neoantigens, cytokines, and antibodies; cell therapies; bispecific antibodies; and small-molecule immunomodulators. BioNTech is partnered with several large pharmaceutical companies, including Roche, Eli Lilly, Pfizer, Sanofi, and Genmab. Comirnaty (COVID-19 vaccine) is its first commercialized product.
We are seeking a highly motivated Scientist to join BioNTech’s Research and Manufacturing facility in Gaithersburg, MD. You will be part of the multi-disciplinary Research team focused on developing personalized TCR-T cell therapies targeting solid tumors.
Here, you’ll achieve greatness.
In this role, the Scientist will be empowered to:
- Design and execute experimental processes for TCR screening, validation, and characterization for immunotherapy product development
- Optimize and execute high throughput cell-based assays and rapid gene delivery system to accelerate lead discovery activities
- Develop and optimize novel tools and/or assays to characterize T cell products for lead candidate prioritization
- Collaborate closely with various cross functional teams to deliver goals and milestones as well as support screening and automation efforts
What you have to offer.
- PhD in Immunology, Biomedical Sciences or a closely related field with 0-4 years of relevant experience in cell therapy or viral gene delivery preferred
- Expertise in immunological techniques such as, isolation and activation of T cells, viral vector generation and cell transduction, functional assays, cytotoxic killing assay using FACS, MSD, xCELLigence/Incucyte and other methods
- Previous experience with automation instruments and high throughput technology including liquid handlers is preferred. Strong interest to learn and operate automation equipment is desirable.
- Strong ability to work cross-functionally. Excellent verbal and written communication and analytical skills and ability to communicate results to a diverse cross-functional audience
- Impeccable attention to detail and organizational stills
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment and able embrace change, while working to produce key deliverables in accordance with project timelines
Benefits for you.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life, AD&D, STD and LTD Insurance
- HRA & FSA Spending Accounts
- Health & Wellness, including free onsite gym access
- Adoption & Surrogacy Assistance
- Vacation and Unlimited Sick Time
- Holidays and Floating Holidays, including discretionary winter shutdown
- 401(K) Plan with Significant Company Match
- Tuition Reimbursement and Professional Development
- Commuting Assistance and free onsite parking
- Discounted Home and Auto Insurance
- Pet Insurance
Have we kindled your pioneering spirit?
For those who require assistance due to disability, or have questions prior to applying, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
*BioNTech does not differentiate on the basis of gender, race or ethnicity, religion, color, sexual orientation or identity, disability, age and other protected statuses as given by applicable law. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Most important – it’s a match!