Scientist, Molecular Immunology*
- Cambridge, Massachusetts
- Work experience
- Research, development, teaching
Scientist, Molecular Immunology*
Based in Cambridge, MA, BioNTech US serves as BioNTech’s North American headquarters and is an important part of our global effort to pioneer the development of next-generation immuno-oncology therapies. BioNTech US is a fully integrated subsidiary with a strong foundation in Europe and a focus on the development of novel neoantigen-targeted T cell therapies, complementing BioNTech’s highly innovative scientific approach and diversified pipeline of transformative cancer medicines. As a key research and clinical development hub, BioNTech US will enable BioNTech’s growing presence in the US.
BioNTech US is seeking a highly motivated Scientist to join our team to develop and improve our autologous T cell therapies and vaccine programs. They will focus on performing molecular and cellular biology-based assays to help improve RNA delivery and establish mRNA formulation capabilities. As part of a multi-disciplinary team, you will work closely with the departments of T cell Immunology, Cancer Immunology, and Process Development and other research teams to develop and build our in-house platforms. This position reports to Scientist, Team Leader, Molecular Immunology.
Here, you’ll achieve greatness.
- Lead assay development for required mRNA delivery modalities for various in-house therapeutic platforms
- Planning and implementation of method optimizations
- Development, establishment and optimization of processes and methods for mRNA formulations
- Introduction of innovative ideas for the further development nucleotide delivery
- Technology transfer of methods and processes for GMP production
- Culturing of primary human cells and testing of in-house produced RNA in cellular assays
- Tracking and compiling results in an electronic notebook
- Interactions with internal collaborators or external CMOs
- Presenting results to other scientific teams and stakeholders
What you have to offer.
- PhD/MS in Molecular Biology, Biotechnology, or related field with 3-5 years of work experience in molecular biology, biotechnology or immunology.
- Methodological experience in the field of RNA production, purification (e.g. Chromatography and diafiltration) and analytics
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical quality assurance and GMP know-how are desired
- Experience in technology transfer, preferably with knowledge in the GMP area
- Primary immune cell culture and electroporation of cells preferred
- Demonstrated experience with cellular assays preferred
- Motivated to learn new techniques
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively to meet project goals
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Enjoys solving challenging scientific questions in a fast-paced environment
- Independent, flexible, self-motivated, and the ability to work well with others
Benefits for you.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life, AD&D, STD and LTD Insurance
- HSA & FSA Spending Accounts
- Health & Wellness, including free onsite gym access
- Adoption & Surrogacy Assistance
- Vacation and Unlimited Sick Time
- Holidays and Floating Holidays, including discretionary winter shutdown
- 401(K) Plan with Significant Company Match
- Tuition Reimbursement and Professional Development
- Commuting Assistance and free onsite parking
- Discounted Home and Auto Insurance
- Pet Insurance
Have we kindled your pioneering spirit?
For those who require assistance due to disability, or have questions prior to applying, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
*BioNTech does not differentiate on the basis of gender, race or ethnicity, religion, color, sexual orientation or identity, disability, age and other protected statuses as given by applicable law. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Most important – it’s a match!