Scientist, Computational Biology
- Cambridge, Massachusetts
- Work experience
- Research, development, teaching
Scientist, Computational Biology
Become Part of the BioNTech Family.
Based in Cambridge, MA, BioNTech US serves as BioNTech’s North American headquarters and is an important part of our global effort to pioneer the development of next-generation immuno-oncology therapies. BioNTech US is a fully integrated subsidiary with a strong foundation in Europe and a focus on the development of novel neoantigen-targeted T cell therapies, complementing BioNTech’s highly innovative scientific approach and diversified pipeline of transformative cancer medicines. As a key research and clinical development hub, BioNTech US will enable BioNTech’s growing presence in the US.
We seek an innovative, collaborative, and enthusiastic Scientist to be a part of the Computational Biology research team at BioNTech US. Our team aims to understand immune responses in cancer and infectious disease settings and find targets for novel vaccines and therapeutics. A successful candidate will work in a multidisciplinary environment together with teams of immunologists and molecular biologists to identify and validate targets in immuno-oncology, cell therapy, and infectious diseases.
Here, you’ll achieve greatness.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Developing pipelines and analyzing various omics data to support BioNTech's personalized neoantigen therapies
- Leading/co-leading projects in a multifunctional team setting
- Providing expertise as a scientific resource
- Data-driven design of mRNA vaccines for infectious diseases
- Investigation of new hypotheses and target concepts using genomics and proteomics data
- Collaboration with diverse scientific teams (immunology, proteomics scientists) toward the goal of bringing new targets into the clinic
What you have to offer.
- Ph.D. degree OR Master’s degree (with at least 5 years of post-degree experience) in computational biology/immunology, bioinformatics, or related fields; a proven track record of quality work in this field is required
- Good understanding of immunology, especially T cell biology, cancer biology, infectious diseases/virology
- Experience working with and analyzing single-cell omics data, e.g. scRNA-seq, scTCR, and CITEseq. Understanding of TCR/BCR repertoire analysis is a plus
- Experience with NGS genomics and transcriptomics data, i.e. bulk RNA analysis, neoantigen calling, sequence alignment, mining public data sets
- Experience with developing and implementing novel computational approaches to answer scientific questions
- Experience working with NGS data in various model organisms, i.e. human and mouse
- Proficiency with Python or R
- Experience working in a Linux environment and using cluster computing
- Proven track record of working in a team environment with scientists of diverse backgrounds
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Evidence of innovative problem-solving, including the ability to identify and investigate important new research topics independently.
- The capacity to develop and iterate on ideas and leverage existing knowledge and methods.
- Eagerness to learn about oncology, cancer genomics, and immunology
- Flexibility to tackle diverse problems outside one's comfort zone
- Positive and collaborative attitude
- Strong communication and presentation skills; ability to translate and communicate complex computational results for scientists of diverse backgrounds
Benefits for you.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life, AD&D, STD and LTD Insurance
- HSA & FSA Spending Accounts
- Health & Wellness, including free onsite gym access
- Adoption & Surrogacy Assistance
- Vacation and Unlimited Sick Time
- Holidays and Floating Holidays, including discretionary winter shutdown
- 401(K) Plan with Significant Company Match
- Tuition Reimbursement and Professional Development
- Commuting Assistance and subsidized parking
- Discounted Home and Auto Insurance
- Pet Insurance
Have we kindled your pioneering spirit?
For those who require assistance due to disability, or have questions prior to applying, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
*BioNTech does not differentiate on the basis of gender, race or ethnicity, religion, color, sexual orientation or identity, disability, age and other protected statuses as given by applicable law. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Most important – it’s a match!