BioNTech is pioneering the development of individualized therapies for cancer and other diseases. We have the tools to develop individualized immunotherapy solutions under one roof – from diagnostics and drug development to manufacturing. The cutting-edge technologies that we are developing include individualized mRNA-based medicines, novel checkpoint immuno-modulators, innovative chimeric antigen receptors, and T-cell receptor-based treatments. Everyone can achieve great things at BioNTech! We develop revolutionary approaches in the fight against cancer and other diseases and has grown rapidly to more than 1000 employees.
Scientific / Medical Writer*
Here, you’ll achieve greatness.As a scientific/medical writer, you will assure the timely generation of high-quality scientific and regulatory documents required for the development of novel immunotherapeutic agents from discovery up until marketing approval. You will be part of an international scientific/medical writing team that proactively supports a range of experts in research, non-clinical, and clinical. The position holder will work on site at our headquarters in Mainz near Frankfurt (Germany).
- Write, edit, and format a wide range of documents required for research, non-clinical, and clinical development according to standard procedures
- Prepare/edit abstracts, posters and manuscripts for publication of research, non-clinical, and clinical data
- Coordinate the document preparation, review, and approval
- Check and revise documents with regard to scientific content, completeness, consistency, and standards compliance
- Check and (if required) revise documents with regard to technical standards compliance
What you have to offer.You bring:
- A Ph.D. in a relevant life science, ideally with experience/background knowledge in immunology and oncology
- Ideally with 3+ years’ experience as scientific or medical writer in the pharmaceutical/biotech industry, and/or as first author of original scientific publications
- Ability to interpret and summarize scientific results in a clear and concise manner
- Native-level written and spoken English, good German skills would be advantageous
- Excellent attention to detail
- A ‘can do’ attitude with the ability to work according to tight timelines and to prioritize workload, whilst concentrating on delivery and adding value
- Expert user of MS Office applications (Word, Powerpoint, Excel) and Adobe Professional
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including motivation, coordination, and conflict resolution
Benefits for you.
Have we kindled your pioneering Spirit?Please send us your application – in English outlining your suitability for the role – using our online form.
Friederike Mangelsen will be happy to answer any further questions you may have at + 49 (0) 6131-9084-1291 (Monday-Friday, 12 p.m. - 6 p.m.).
*BioNTech does not differentiate on the basis of gender, race, religion, color, origin, sexual orientation, disability, age and other protected status as required by applicable law. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
BioNTech - as unique as you.