- BioNTech Careers
- Work experience
- Architecture, Civil Engineering
- Quality Management, Quality Assurance
We are a global immunotherapy company. Our 3,000+ colleagues globally are committed to improving the health of people worldwide with our fundamental research utilizing the full potential of the immune system to fight cancer, infectious diseases and other serious diseases. We leveraged our mRNA technology to develop a COVID-19 vaccine which became the first mRNA drug approved for human use.
What we do with the BioNTainers:
We want to improve healthcare by making our innovations accessible worldwide. Therefore, we developed the first modular mRNA-manufacturing facilities based on a container solution called “BioNTainers”. The aim is to build a regional manufacturing network in Africa, with Africa, for Africa.
Why we need you:
The BioNTainers will be equipped to produce a range of mRNA-based vaccines targeted towards the needs of African Union member states. You will become part of the regional staffing team, driving the establishment of the regional African end-to-end mRNA manufacturing network.
You also support in local environmental management and supervision of inspections in independent project implementation.
Your main responsibilities are:
- Ensures that all activities are completed in compliance with governing GMP, manufacturing, environmental, and safety instructions and directives, while also observing compliance with GxP
- Specialist workforce support for internal and external matters related to SHE issues, predominantly related to occupational safety (as a subject matter expert for occupational safety), but also for health protection, environmental protection, waste disposal, gas monitoring, explosion prevention, etc.
- Supports the coordination for in-house employees with safety functions (safety representatives, first responders, and fire protection assistants)
- Performs and updates job-specific, safety-relevant training and instruction team
- Supports hazard assessments, risk analysis, and operating procedures
- Performs processes for high-risk activities, including a work permit system, contractor management, construction management (SHE by Design), and in-person safety inspections
- Participates in regularly scheduled meetings, such as Daily Manufacturing Board, SHE routine, etc.
- Assists employees with meeting SHE requirements, such as accident reporting
- Appointed as subject matter expert for occupational safety
- Maintenance of the management system and monitoring of compliance with applicable environmental protection requirements
- Co-design of the environmental protection strategy and supervision of active programs on environmental protection
- Research activities and monitoring of key performance indicators (KPI)
- Support in the achievement of environmental protection targets and in the preparation of the sustainability report
What you have to offer.
- Successfully completed an MSc academic degree in engineering, life sciences, or business engineering (or comparable qualification)
- Vocational training in environmental protection (e.g., waste management officer, water protection
- Several years of experience in the field of occupational safety / SHE management
- Fluent in English (written and spoken)
any additional language is a plus
- High degree of conscientiousness and diligence (documentation, order and cleanliness at the workstation)
- Practical experience with SHE management systems/Occupational Safety (ISO 45001/14001/50001)
- Pronounced team & communication skills and honesty (proactive error handling)
- Constructive work habits, flexibility, solution orientation, job ownership, quality awareness, and very good planning and organizational skills
- Self-starter and learning capacity
- Project management experience and pronounced communication skills
- Knowledge with GMP-compliant documentation desired
- Willingness for continuing training and qualifications
- Application of common MS Office tools
Benefits & Compensation.
How to apply.
- Only applications sent via our online form shall be considered.
- Only Candidates with the right qualifications and relevant experience shall be shortlisted and
- Incomplete applications shall be rejected
- Please note that BioNTech will do a background check during the hiring process (criminal record certificate) in case you do not provide
*BioNTech does not differentiate on the basis of gender, race or ethnicity, religion, color, sexual orientation or identity, disability, age and other protected statuses as given by applicable law. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Most important – it’s a match!