SCM/ Logistics Lead* RUANDA
Become a member of the BioNTech Family!
We aim to reduce the suffering of people with life-changing therapies by harnessing the potential of the immune system to develop novel therapies against cancer and infectious diseases. While doing so, we are guided by our three company values: united, innovative, passionate. Get in touch with us if you are looking to be a part of creating hope for a healthy future in many people's lives.
SCM/ Logistics Lead* RUANDA
Your main responsibilities are:
- Close collaboration with global SCM team to ensure that strategy is followed-up accordingly
- Recruit local shift teams for site specific activities and tasks
- Implements site planning across full BOM
- Implements material flows for inbound, production supply, outbound
- Implements logistic waste handling and material flow
- Liaise with local transport companies to ensure delivery process in line with global contracts
- Leads, motivates, and develops assigned direct reports based on the company’s leadership principles, and conduct performance review meetings
- Attains and implements objectives and tasks assigned by the Site head and the global functions, while also observing governing policies and instructions
- Instructs and supervises direct reports with regard to all relevant process steps and monitors the performance of the logistics groups
- Responsible for staffing and vacation planning within the assigned area
- Forward-looking planning for all raw materials, supplies, services and consumables for quality control and production to the point of use
- Efficient management of local inventory and reordering products as needed to maintain sufficient inventory levels either locally or within network
- Maintain accurate records and files of inventory usage
- Ensure compliant handling of GMP-material as well as hazards or dangerous goods
- Point of contact for the (external) warehouse (3PL – 3rd Party Logistics)
- Arrange product pickups and deliveries with transportation companies as well as route drivers accordingly
- Establish and implement local guidelines and SOPs and ensures training on site
- Issues instructions to and coordinates external suppliers
- Manage local compliance within area of responsibility e.g. GMP documentation and deviation management
- Establish relevant reporting and visibility on performance
- Completes all tasks assigned to the job function, while observing governing GMP, work instructions, and site-specific, as well as environmental and safety instructions and policies
What you have to offer.
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent work experience with completed vocational training as logistic or supply chain expert (m/f/d)
- Professional experience:
- +5 years of sector-specific experience
- GMP/GDP experience
- Regulatory and legal requirements experience
- Fluency in English (written and spoken) is essential
- Willingness to work in 24-7 shift operations[MD1] , including weekends and holidays
- High degree of conscientiousness and diligence (documentation, accurate system transaction entries, order and cleanliness at the workstation)
- Pronounced team & communication skills, self-driven and learning capacity
- Constructive work habits, flexibility, solution orientation, job ownership, quality appreciation
- Conceptual, analytical skills and ability to identify complex problem solutions
- Professional experience in inventory management and/or logistics functions
- Experience working with GMP materials
- Good ERP/SAP skills
- Experience supervising and scheduling direct reports
Benefits for you.
- Company Pension Scheme
- Company Bike
- Leave Account
- Fitness Courses
- Mobile Office
- Special Vacation
Have we kindled your pioneering spirit?
If you have any further questions, our Talent Acquisition Team will be happy to answer them on + 49 (0) 6131-9084-1291 (monday-friday, from 12 noon to 4 pm).
Job-ID 6738 (please indicate for inquiries)
We look forward to your application!
*BioNTech does not differentiate on the basis of gender, race or ethnicity, religion, color, sexual orientation or identity, disability, age and other protected statuses as given by applicable law. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Most important – it’s a match!
BioNTech - As unique as you