- Work experience
- Research, development, teaching
Become a member of the BioNTech Family!
We aim to reduce the suffering of people with life-changing therapies by harnessing the potential of the immune system to develop novel therapies against cancer and infectious diseases. While doing so, we are guided by our three company values: united, innovative, passionate. Get in touch with us if you are looking to be a part of creating hope for a healthy future in many people's lives.
As Research Lead* at BioNTech R&D Austria you will join our research team and help us bring next generation drugs from the bench into the clinic.
Your main responsibilities are:
- Establish and validate relevant scientific models according to the latest microbiological and synthetic biology technology developments (e.g. robotics and data)
- Establish and validate relevant potency models lysins against bacteria in biofilm and planktonic growth
- Assembly of bacterial panels for species of interest, including in silico analysis of geno- and serotypes, to ensure required genetical and geographical breadth
- Design of new synthetic lysins as well as directed optimization of lysins to enhance selected properties, e.g. lytic activity, stability and pharmacokinetics
- Establish standardized experimental protocols that will enable reproducibility in later GLP studies (e.g. potency, phage production and purification, phage evolution)
- Documentation of results according to the BioNTech R&D Quality Standards (GLP like), to ensure the quality of results and their documentation are acceptable to regulatory authorities, working towards a human clinical trial application
- Supervise researchers, including training on working with bacteria and phages, working in a BSL-2 environment, application of experimental and documentation standards
- Drafting of patent claims as appropriate, publication of selected results in scientific journals
What you have to offer.
- Ph.D. in biology, biochemistry or related discipline with at least 2 years of relevant work experience following your PhD
- Strong background in molecular biology, structural biology and/or microbiology, ideally in one of the following fields: antimicrobials, endolysins or bacteriophages
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment and able embrace change, while working to produce key deliverables in accordance with project timelines
- Proactive, self-motivated team player with strong interpersonal skills, appropriate sense of urgency and the ability to work independently
- Excellent communication and presentation skills to efficiently relay information to project teams and other key stakeholders
- Proficiency in English (written and spoken)
Benefits for you.
- Take responsibility for a key research field within BioNTech
- Lead and develop a team of highly skilled scientists and researchers
- Pioneer new methods and processes to industrialize key research techniques
- Be part of a highly motivated, multinational and fun team that believes synthetic lysins can be part of the solution to the global antibiotics crisis
- A competitive compensation package that reflects the qualifications and seniority of the candidate and may include further, e.g. performance-based, incentives. Due to legal requirements, we are required to state that the minimum salary for this job is a monthly salary of EUR 4.000,-- gross.
Have we kindled your pioneering spirit?
If you have any further questions, our Talent Acquisition Team will be happy to answer them on + 49 (0) 6131-9084-1291 (monday-friday, from 12 noon to 4 pm).
Job-ID 6997 (please indicate for inquiries)
We look forward to your application!
*BioNTech does not differentiate on the basis of gender, race or ethnicity, religion, color, sexual orientation or identity, disability, age and other protected statuses as given by applicable law. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Most important – it’s a match!
BioNTech - As unique as you