Research Associate* Early-Stage Formulation Process Development
- Work experience
- Research, development, teaching
Become a member of the BioNTech Family!
We aim to reduce the suffering of people with life-changing therapies by harnessing the potential of the immune system to develop novel therapies against cancer and infectious diseases. While doing so, we are guided by our three company values: united, innovative, passionate. Get in touch with us if you are looking to be a part of creating hope for a healthy future in many people's lives.
Research Associate Early-Stage Formulation Process Development
Your main responsibilities are:
- Lyophilization and quality control of mRNA nanoparticles using either existing protocols (and if necessary adapt the existing protocols) based on the requirement of the project
- Characterization and stability assessment of the colloidal systems
- Data processing, evaluation, documentation of experiments, and writing of reports
- Responsibility for instruments, laboratory management, and supervision of student assistants
What you have to offer.
- Successfully completed training as a CTA*, PTA*, Chemical Laboratory Assistant* or comparable qualifications paired with relevant professional experience in a chemical / pharmaceutical laboratory
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in pharmaceutical or natural sciences (e.g., chemistry, physics) with special focus on lyophilization is a plus.
- Sound knowledge on the approaches to identify the critical quality attributes and critical process parameters for lyophilization (of nanoparticles) is a definite plus.
- Profound knowledge on physicochemical characterization of lipid and polymer-based nanoparticle preparations (e.g., DSC, Karl-Fischer titration, DLS, zeta potential, fluorescence spectroscopy).
- Insights on extended characterization techniques such as freeze-drying microscopy, CD, SAXS, AF4 and Cryo-TEM is a plus.
- Proficient English in written and verbal form, good knowledge of German is a plus.
- Experience with statistical analysis and data reporting software. (e.g., Python, Matlab, R-package, GraphPad) is a plus
- A high level of organizational skills, reliability and communication skills, technical writing and documentation competencies
- An independent, responsible, and structured way of working as well as enthusiasm to participate in interdisciplinary collaborative work projects.
Benefits for you.
- Company Pension Scheme
- Company Bike
- Leave Account
- Fitness Courses
- Mobile Office
- Special Vacation
Have we kindled your pioneering spirit?
If you have any further questions, our Talent Acquisition Team will be happy to answer them on + 49 (0) 6131-9084-1291 (monday-friday, from 12 noon to 4 pm).
Job-ID 6375 (please indicate for inquiries)
We look forward to your application!
*BioNTech does not differentiate on the basis of gender, race or ethnicity, religion, color, sexual orientation or identity, disability, age and other protected statuses as given by applicable law. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Most important – it’s a match!
BioNTech - As unique as you