Research Associate, Cancer immunology/Process Development*
- Cambridge, MA
- Work experience
- Research, development, teaching
Research Associate, Cancer Immunology Process Development*
Based in Cambridge, MA, BioNTech US serves as BioNTech’s North American headquarters and is an important part of our global effort to pioneer the development of next-generation immuno-oncology therapies. BioNTech US is a fully integrated subsidiary with a strong foundation in Europe and a focus on the development of novel neoantigen-targeted T cell therapies, complementing BioNTech’s highly innovative scientific approach and diversified pipeline of transformative cancer medicines. As a key research and clinical development hub, BioNTech US will enable BioNTech’s growing presence in the US.
BioNTech is seeking a highly-motivated Research Associate to work as part of a multi disciplinary team developing neoantigen specific T cell products to be used in adoptive T cell therapy. You will work closely with the Cell Therapy Unit, Process development, Biochemistry, Bioinformatics, Translational Immunology and Technical Operations to develop the cell therapy drug product. This position reports to Senior Scientist/Team Leader, Cancer Immunology.
Here, you’ll achieve greatness.
- Culturing of human T cells at both research-scale and large-scale/closed-system
- Analysis of multicolor flow cytometry data
- T cell functional assays
- Tracking and compiling results in an electronic notebook
- Presenting results to other scientific teams
What you have to offer.
- Minimum requirements; BS or MS in immunology or related discipline, and at least 1 plus years of relevant work experience
- A strong interest in T cell biology and cancer immunotherapy
- Demonstrated experience with flow cytometry and other immune related assays
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a collaborative environment to meet project goals
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Enjoys solving challenging scientific questions in a fast pace environment
- Independent, flexible, self-motivated, and the ability to work well with others
Benefits for you.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life, AD&D, STD and LTD Insurance
- HSA & FSA Spending Accounts
- Health & Wellness, including free onsite gym access
- Adoption & Surrogacy Assistance
- Vacation and Unlimited Sick Time
- Holidays and Floating Holidays, including discretionary winter shutdown
- 401(K) Plan with Significant Company Match
- Tuition Reimbursement and Professional Development
- Commuting Assistance and free onsite parking
- Discounted Home and Auto Insurance
- Pet Insurance
Have we kindled your pioneering spirit?
For those who require assistance due to disability, or have questions prior to applying, please email email@example.com.
*BioNTech does not differentiate on the basis of gender, race or ethnicity, religion, color, sexual orientation or identity, disability, age and other protected statuses as given by applicable law. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Most important – it’s a match!