- BioNTech Careers
- Work experience
- Service (other)
We are a global immunotherapy company. Our 3,000+ colleagues globally are committed to improving the health of people worldwide with our fundamental research utilizing the full potential of the immune system to fight cancer, infectious diseases and other serious diseases. We leveraged our mRNA technology to develop a COVID-19 vaccine which became the first mRNA drug approved for human use.
What we do with the BioNTainers:
We want to improve healthcare by making our innovations accessible worldwide. Therefore, we developed the first modular mRNA-manufacturing facilities based on a container solution called “BioNTainers”. The aim is to build a regional manufacturing network in Africa, with Africa, for Africa.
Why we need you:
The BioNTainers will be equipped to produce a range of mRNA-based vaccines targeted towards the needs of African Union member states. You will become part of the regional staffing team, driving the establishment of the regional African end-to-end mRNA manufacturing network.
Handle inquiries from BioNTech Asset Management (Finance Department), landlords, government agencies, utilities, and external service providers. Provide and maintain the company's fleet of bicycles and cars for all employees at the Rwanda sites in accordance with BioNTech’s corporate policy on mobility and fleet management.
Your main responsibilities are:
- Set up of contracts with local utility suppliers (energy, water, etc.) in accordance with BioNTech guidelines in cooperation with procurement & legal departments.
- Set up of framework agreements with suppliers for maintenance and upkeep of the BioNTech Properties
- Set up and monitoring of local insurance policies in accordance with BioNTech global guidelines
- Review and controlling of all operating and ancillary costs incurred in connection with Property Management
- Evaluation of local situation and definition of required infrastructure improvements (e.g., fence, systems, etc.) with other stakeholders (Security, Facility Management, Construction Team)
- Infrastructural and commercial management of BioNTech properties in Rwanda. Responsible for monitoring and meeting all deadlines related to lease terms, lease adjustments, options and terminations
- Support and implementation of necessary measures for maintenance and cosmetic repairs in the interior and exterior of the real estate properties in close cooperation with the facility management team.
- Continuous review and control of all operating and ancillary costs incurred
- In the context of corporate development (growth), support in the acquisition of suitable space for offices or laboratories, extensions and renewals of leases, terminations of leases, as well as risk analysis, profitability calculations, initiation of expert appraisals, preparation of real estate market and space research, substantive review of leases and operating costs
- Support the Manager global fleet & mobility with management of local mobility measures and fleet management (renewal of vehicle leases, maintenance concept, parking space management, risk assessment, technical inspections, insurance, work instructions, etc.) in accordance with BioNTech policies and local requirements for convenience, legal framework, occupational health and safety, CO2 neutrality, economic efficiency, etc.
- Continuous monitoring, analysis, optimization and standardization of all property management processes under business, digital and ecological aspects (energy efficiency, green electricity, etc.). Support of the central BioNTech departments on commercial, legal and, if necessary, technical issues
What you have to offer.
MSc Degree (water, energy management, government institutions).
Real Estate Management / Property Management Certification
- 5+ years of sector-specific experience
- Fluent in English (written and spoken)
- French (desirable)
- Fluent in Kinyarwanda
- Driver’s license
- Excellent MS Office Skills
- Business writing skills
- High degree of conscientiousness and diligence (documentation, accurate system transaction entries, order and cleanliness, service orientated)
- Pronounced team & communication skills, self-driven and learning capacity
- Constructive work habits, flexibility, solution orientation, job ownership, quality appreciation
- Physical and mental resilience as well as willingness to participate in operational training
- Willingness to participate in advanced training and continuing education
- Ability to work comfortably with numbers
Benefits & Compensation
How to apply
Only applications sent via our online form shall be considered.
Only Candidates with the right qualifications and relevant experience shall be shortlisted and
Incomplete applications shall be rejected
Please note that BioNTech will do a background check during the hiring process (criminal record certificate) in case you do not provide
We are looking forward receiving your application.
*BioNTech does not differentiate on the basis of gender, race or ethnicity, religion, color, sexual orientation or identity, disability, age and other protected statuses as given by applicable law. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Most important – it’s a match!