Principal Scientist, Systems Immunology*
- Cambridge, Massachusetts
- Work experience
- Research, development, teaching
Principal Scientist, Systems Immunology*
Based in Cambridge, MA, BioNTech US serves as BioNTech’s North American headquarters and is an important part of our global effort to pioneer the development of next-generation immuno-oncology therapies. BioNTech US is a fully integrated subsidiary with a strong foundation in Europe and a focus on the development of novel neoantigen-targeted T cell therapies, complementing BioNTech’s highly innovative scientific approach and diversified pipeline of transformative cancer medicines. As a key research and clinical development hub, BioNTech US will enable BioNTech’s growing presence in the US.
We are seeking an innovative, collaborative, and enthusiastic immunologist with significant immunogen design expertise to be a part of the Systems Immunology research team at BioNTech US. The Systems Immunology team is a pre-clinically focused team, aiming to harness our understanding of immune responses to discover and design targets for immune-oriented prophylactics and therapeutics. On the team, you will work within a dynamic, collaborative, and multidisciplinary environment consisting of computational biologists, immunologists, proteomics scientists, and structural biologists to identify, design and validate targets for infectious disease vaccines. You will be a critical thought leader in the team and company, responsible for leading cutting-edge research for viral and other pathogenic infectious diseases, including the generation of pre-clinical and IND enabling data to support therapies for the identified targets.
Here, you’ll achieve greatness.
- Be a thought-leader and strategist for infectious disease vaccine development, with an emphasis on immunogen design
- Collaborate with both internal research teams and external groups/CROs to identify, design and validate infectious disease targets.
- Have ownership on nascent infectious disease programs, while closely collaborating with global research teams
- Build, manage and mentor a small scientific team to generate and validate hypotheses through experimental design using in-vitro and in-vivo approaches, including ELISpot, ELISA, flow cytometry, cytotoxicity assays, and assessment of specificity and functionality of B/T cells
- Analysis and presentation of results to internal and external stakeholders.
- Capacity to prioritize and work independently to complete tasks and advance projects with minimal supervision
- Be a major contributor to IND-enabling studies and technical document writing for filing
- Tracking and compiling results in an electronic notebook
What you have to offer.
- Minimum requirements; Ph.D. in Immunology, Infectious Disease, Systems Immunology or related discipline
- A minimum of 7 plus years of experience in cellular/humoral immunology in infectious disease or related discipline.
- Experience in project leadership and mentorship of junior scientists
- A strong interest and experience in adaptive immune responses to acute and chronic infections
- Experience performing or guiding primary immune cell culture and infectious disease in-vivo models
- Extensive experience in multicolor flow cytometry for T cell characterization
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a collaborative environment to meet project goals
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Enjoys solving challenging scientific questions in a fast-paced environment.
Benefits for you.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life, AD&D, STD and LTD Insurance
- HSA & FSA Spending Accounts
- Health & Wellness, including free onsite gym access
- Adoption & Surrogacy Assistance
- Vacation and Unlimited Sick Time
- Holidays and Floating Holidays, including discretionary winter shutdown
- 401(K) Plan with Significant Company Match
- Tuition Reimbursement and Professional Development
- Commuting Assistance and free onsite parking
- Discounted Home and Auto Insurance
- Pet Insurance
Have we kindled your pioneering spirit?
For those who require assistance due to disability, or have questions prior to applying, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
*BioNTech does not differentiate on the basis of gender, race or ethnicity, religion, color, sexual orientation or identity, disability, age and other protected statuses as given by applicable law. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Most important – it’s a match!