- Cambridge (Boston)
- Work experience
Based in Cambridge, MA, BioNTech US serves as BioNTech’s North American headquarters and is an important part of our global effort to pioneer the development of next-generation immuno-oncology therapies. BioNTech US is a fully integrated subsidiary with a strong foundation in Europe and a focus on the development of novel neoantigen-targeted T cell therapies, complementing BioNTech’s highly innovative scientific approach and diversified pipeline of transformative cancer medicines. As a key research and clinical development hub, BioNTech US will enable BioNTech’s growing presence in the US.
Under general supervision, the Patent Paralegal is responsible for monitoring and supporting all prosecution and/or litigation activities related to BioNTech’s worldwide portfolios and maintaining corresponding quality assurance.
Here, you’ll achieve greatness.
- Monitor internal and statutory deadlines related to prosecution, maintenance and/or litigation of BioNTech’s worldwide patent and trademark portfolios.
- Correspond with outside counsel regularly to provide BioNTech instruction and recommendations.
- Review file histories, correspond on patent and trademark prosecution and/or litigation matters, act as liaison between BioNTech in house IP attorneys/directors/managers and outside counsel to ensure that all formalities are being addressed in a timely fashion.
- Prepare assignments, powers of attorney and letters of instruction (e.g., instructions for National Phase and Convention filings, Statements of Use, Extensions of Time, Office Action responses and/or litigation-related correspondence).
- Attend to annuity management, review issued patents for errors, determine expiration dates of patents, and prepare certificate of correction as needed.
- Receive and review electronic submissions (i.e. new applications, Office Action Responses, Request for Continued Examinations) for accuracy prior to confirming filing with outside counsel.
- Work with IP group to formulate and implement system and workflow enhancements.
- Assist IP team and other paralegals to develop quality control procedures and checklists.
- Cover overflow work from BioNTech SE patent and trademark portfolios.
- Draft patent and trademark status reports upon request.
What you have to offer.
- Exceptionally strong communicator (written and verbal) with employees of all levels, supportive interpersonal team player and ability to contribute positively to BioNTech‘s company culture.
- Exceptional organization skills and detail oriented.
- Ability to work both independently [on individual projects] and as part of a team, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Maintains current knowledge and understanding of patent terminology and filing procedures including both US and foreign matters, of current USPTO rules and procedures (37 CFR), and Trademark rules of practice (37 CFR).
- Maintains active lines of communication to share knowledge and support collaborative efforts, organizational change, and goal achievement.
- Utilizes innovative thinking and sound decision-making.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in domestic and foreign patent prosecution and/or litigation.
- Must be highly accurate and able to manage multiple priorities under deadline driven pressures.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new patent management software, technology, processes, and procedures.
- Ability to work in fast paced environment, independently, as well as in team setting.
- Demonstrates strong leadership qualities.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products is essential.
Benefits for you.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life, AD&D, STD and LTD Insurance
- HSA & FSA Spending Accounts
- Health & Wellness, including free onsite gym access
- Adoption & Surrogacy Assistance
- Vacation and Unlimited Sick Time
- Holidays and Floating Holidays, including discretionary winter shutdown
- 401(K) Plan with Significant Company Match
- Tuition Reimbursement and Professional Development
- Commuting Assistance and free onsite parking
- Discounted Home and Auto Insurance
- Pet Insurance
Have we kindled your pioneering spirit?
For those who require assistance due to disability, or have questions prior to applying, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
*BioNTech does not differentiate on the basis of gender, race, religion, color, origin, sexual orientation, disability, age and other protected status as required by applicable law. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
BioNTech - As unique as you