Patent Formalities Paralegal*
- Cambridge, Massachusetts
- Work experience
Patent Formalities Paralegal*
Based in Cambridge, MA, BioNTech US serves as BioNTech’s North American headquarters and is an important part of our global effort to pioneer the development of next-generation immuno-oncology therapies. BioNTech US is a fully integrated subsidiary with a strong foundation in Europe and a focus on the development of novel neoantigen-targeted T cell therapies, complementing BioNTech’s highly innovative scientific approach and diversified pipeline of transformative cancer medicines. As a key research and clinical development hub, BioNTech US will enable BioNTech’s growing presence in the US.
BioNTech US is seeking a talented full-time Patent Formalities Paralegal to join a growing US legal team on site in Cambridge.
The Patent Formalities Paralegal will report to the Vice President, Head of Intellectual Property and is responsible for monitoring and supporting all prosecution and/or litigation related to BioNTech’s worldwide IP portfolios. A successful candidate will be detail-oriented, motivated with a positive attitude and a strong team player. Ability to work both independently [on individual projects] and as part of a team; and prioritize and meet deadlines. Ability to work in fast paced environment, independently, as well as in team setting.
Here, you’ll achieve greatness.
Your main responsibilities include:
- Support IP Attorneys with their daily IP prosecution to ensure filing timely.
- Docket internal and statutory deadlines related to prosecution, maintenance, and conflicts/litigation of BioNTech’s worldwide patent portfolio.
- Monitor group mailboxes for reporting emails and instructions
- Coordination of portfolio activity filing recommendations, collation of instructions and creation of new inventions and patent records.
- Correspond with outside counsel to ensure that all formalities are being addressed in a timely fashion.
- Prepare all formalities including collection of signatures for assignments, declarations, powers of attorney with additional notarization and legalization.
- Coordinate signatures with internal and external inventors and collaborators
- Review patent expiration dates and annuities for accuracy.
- Develop internal processes including quality control procedures and checklists.
- Prepare patent status reports upon request.
- Engage with internal team and outside counsel to improve ways of working together.
What you have to offer.
Minimum requirements; Bachelor's degree or equivalent with 5 plus years of experience in worldwide patent prosecution.
- Exceptionally strong communicator (written and verbal) with employees of all levels, supportive interpersonal team player and ability to contribute positively to BioNTech company culture
- Exceptional organization skills and detail-oriented
- Maintains current knowledge and understanding of patent prosecution terminology and filing procedures
- Utilizes innovative thinking and sound decision-making
- Must be highly accurate
- Able to problem solve and provide solution
- Demonstrate flexibility
- Must be able to manage multiple priorities under deadline driven pressures.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new IP management software, technology, processes, and procedures
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat essential
Preferred requirements; Experience with Anaqua IP Management software or working knowledge of an IP Management docketing system.
Notary Public for Massachusetts
Benefits for you.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life, AD&D, STD and LTD Insurance
- HSA & FSA Spending Accounts
- Health & Wellness, including free onsite gym access
- Adoption & Surrogacy Assistance
- Vacation and Unlimited Sick Time
- Holidays and Floating Holidays, including discretionary winter shutdown
- 401(K) Plan with Significant Company Match
- Tuition Reimbursement and Professional Development
- Commuting Assistance and free onsite parking
- Discounted Home and Auto Insurance
- Pet Insurance
Have we kindled your pioneering spirit?
For those who require assistance due to disability, or have questions prior to applying, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
*BioNTech does not differentiate on the basis of gender, race or ethnicity, religion, color, sexual orientation or identity, disability, age and other protected statuses as given by applicable law. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Most important – it’s a match!