- Work experience
Become a member of the BioNTech Family!
We aim to reduce the suffering of people with life-changing therapies by harnessing the potential of the immune system to develop novel therapies against cancer and infectious diseases. While doing so, we are guided by our three company values: united, innovative, passionate. Get in touch with us if you are looking to be a part of creating hope for a healthy future in many people's lives.
- Strategically manage worldwide intellectual property portfolio for both in-licensed and solely-owned IP to maximize value and utility of IP assets, and work closely with R&D, Commercial and Business Development teams to identify key invention, strategic IP acquisition, and life cycle management opportunities.
- Manage outside counsel and corresponding budget for worldwide prosecution of patent applications, conduct patentability and freedom to operate assessments and other legal opinions and risk assessments.
- Manage and support IP disputes, litigation, IPRs, PGRs and Oppositions as required, including formulating appropriate IP litigation strategies.
- Provide high level, independent support for due diligence and strategic collaborations and licensing agreements.
- Contribute to and maintain positive relationships with strategic external relationship counterparts.
- Implement and lead IP strategy for R&D project teams and establish positive working relationships with the R&D project teams by acting as their advisor on a variety of IP related issues.
- Develop and continually expand a thorough understanding of BioNTech‘s current and planned business activities, programs, competitors, and markets and keep abreast of developing legal trends, laws and regulations.
- Educate and advise senior management & scientists on important IP issues and advance IP/patent awareness.
- Assist in the negotiation and drafting of collaboration, licensing and other agreements.
- Manage BioNTech’s worldwide trademark portfolio.
- Review publications, presentations, press releases and other materials for clearance.
What you have to offer.
- Fully qualified European Patent Attorney with profound and extensive relevant IP experience in the biopharmaceutical industry, with preferred significant in-house or combined in-house and patent law firm experience
- Scientific degree in a relevant science (Immunology highly preferred)
- Direct experience in biologic patents and managing products through development, marketing approval and post-approval preferred.
- IP transaction experience in due diligence and licensing and collaboration agreements.
- Experience managing patent litigation and administrative proceedings.
- Comfortable participating in all aspects of intellectual property law including drafting applications, prosecuting applications, portfolio management to meet budget and advising on IP issues in agreements and contracts.
- Ability to work in dynamic, fast-paced team environment, flexible and responsive and self-starter with the ability to act independently as well as collaboratively across the business.
- Practical problem solver with ability to make data informed decisions, confidence in making difficult decisions independently, and demonstrated capabilities in establishing business practices to manage legal and other risks.
- Exceptional communication skills with experience presenting and concisely communicating complex information to senior management.
Benefits for you.
- Company Pension Scheme
- Company Bike
- Leave Account
- Fitness Courses
- Mobile Office
- Special Vacation
Have we kindled your pioneering spirit?
If you have any further questions, Margarita Hoffmann will be happy to answer them on + 49 (0) 6131-9084-1291 (monday-friday, from 12 noon).
*BioNTech does not differentiate on the basis of gender, race or ethnicity, religion, color, sexual orientation or identity, disability, age and other protected statuses as given by applicable law. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Most important – it’s a match!
BioNTech - As unique as you